This post has the following content warnings:
Apr 16, 2021 8:07 AM
Conan Exiles James really appeals to some silvers.
Permalink

They were not there to do anything fancy. Just install some cameras around the rebirth chamber, it's sheer luck his Gabe is there. It wasn't even necessary since someone was already assigned to help him.

Only his Gabe was paying attention to what the other two Henries and the other two people were doing. Which let him raise a shield in time.

Then there was a thunderous crack, as the duplicating crystal cracks beneath and there's a spark of something more than electricity. The world glows blue and purple.

Total: 906
Posts Per Page:
Permalink

His shield is not very good, but raises really fast, so it lets the impact against the ground be a bit cushioned. And maybe it means that the chunk of crystal doesn't crush anyone's head.

Permalink

Still, ouch. Thomas pushes the crystal chunk away from his head, and looks around.

Permalink

It's dusk, wherever this is. It's also wet; they're outside, and the ground is grass, and the surroundings are trees, and it's raining. The damp earth underneath them is the kind of texture that tells of a place that sees rain often and for long times, and the presence of clouds in all directions promises it won't abate for a while still.

Permalink

Joy. Thomas stands up, then he uses the rain to wash his hands because he used them to stand up from a damp ground. He offers the washed hands to help the other two stand. "Do you guys have any idea of what happened? And where we are?"

Permalink

They both accept a hand. Once he is standing, Henry pulls his shirt up to protect his face from the rain. "Not a clue," he says after taking in the surroundings. "I don't think they were doing anything with teleportation." He looks inquiringly at his Gabe, before crouching down and examining the crystal chunk.

Permalink

"From what I heard, it was yet another attempt to stop the cloning? A Henry had just stepped away from the crystal? Didn't look like he was running from an explosion."

Permalink

"Then... we should focus on finding shelter from the rain. And keep the crystal safe."

Permalink

"And ourselves safe. Crystal grow some weapons first. Give everyone a Gabe shield."

Permalink

"Right. Gabe, grow your power crystals while I figure out how to strap the cloning crystal to your back. Thomas, make the weapons?"

Permalink

"Sure."

They go about doing that. Thomas goes to search for existing branches that look sturdy enough. The basis for a crude spear.

Permalink

It's the woods and it's raining. More than enough branches to go around.

There's a flash of lightning in the distance, a moment of light to illuminate their surroundings and more clearly reveal the details of the environment. The jungle also extends a ways into the distance, but it's not so thick as to obscure what seem to be ruins of black stone to the north. There are grassy boulders and short cliffs peppering the landscape, some even shaped as to offer some shelter from the rain.

Permalink

"Hey, guys. Isn't your world supposed to not have any other people in it?" He points in the direction of the ruins. "That looked like old crumbled buildings."

Permalink

"That can't be. Or... let's get out of the rain first." He has finished improvising strapping the chunk.

Permalink

It's like a backpack filled with rocks, but without the backpack. Gabe raises one of his shield crystals above himself (and above the others). It starts diverting the rain. It still hits them, but not as much.

Permalink

Good. Towards shelter? Towards shelter. One of the cliffs or boulders should do for now.

Permalink

Shelter it is! They can easily find some combination of rock and earth that suitably shelters them from the worst of the rainfall. It's not very windy, which is a blessing, but the air is hot and sticky and damp and their shoes are absolutely getting soaked and filled with wet dirt.

Permalink

Ugh. This is terrible. He sets the crystal down on the ground.

Permalink

"Be careful to only put down what you can pick up in a hurry."

Permalink

"You think we might be attacked?" Henry asks taking off his shoes and trying to get the mud out.

Permalink

"I think we are not even in the same world. So I will be careful. Do you think either of you could make raincoats?"

Permalink

"Yeah. I can do that. But are we going to stay exactly here? You might want a tent or an umbrella first."

Permalink

"A tent sounds better."

Permalink

"I don't think this is the best place to stay overnight. I want to look around for a better spot first."

Permalink

"Can't do that in the dark," he points in the general direction of the dusky sky.

Permalink

"Guys you are both pretty. And also my best friends in this whole world. Don't fight. It will make future threesomes awkward."

Total: 906
Posts Per Page: