This post has the following content warnings:
May 29, 2020 2:36 PM
a d/s au Alessa and cousin in Daémon
+ Show First Post
Total: 381
Posts Per Page:
Permalink

That's not funny.

Permalink

Mean it the serious way too. I might have a good time, you won't have a good time, these aren't great first time circumstances. And that dom Uncle's trying to sell you to seems the sort to be a shit about it.

(He highly doubts said dom is great first time circumstances either, actually (or any other time), but he doesn't really think something like this would help.)

Permalink

He - doesn't really have arguments for any of that.

Permalink

Which he knows doesn't mean Alessa's convinced. He squeezes Alessa's hand. 

And, back to shoe selection.

Permalink

He returns it. 

 

Shoes.

He's - not sure what the dom wants them to do about the coloring, given the time demand. Is he giving any indications?

Permalink

The shoes are organized by style, and within a style can vary dramatically in price.  The simplest ones in each category aren't much more than a shirt, then go up in price as the designs and materials get more elaborate.  Alessa can get some sandals with a secure web of straps to keep them attached while running.  Kente has a decent variety of simple shoes to choose from with both a good fit for dancing and a durable sole. 

Color is admittedly an issue.  Azure winds up buying two very cheap pairs of sandals for them, little more than a thin sole and a bit of ribbon to keep them attached to the foot.  They can loop back later for their better shoes once they're painted and fully dry.

(He is observant enough to know when they want help and when they want space.  He is also getting rather concerned about just what sort of world they come from, considering their reactions to certain things.)

Permalink

They pick out shoes. They don't need anything elaborate but sturdy and comfortable and not likely to fall apart are good, they don't know much yet about their future here. They can pay more for that if they need to.

"Should we get the same color as our clothes, sir?"

That's very kind of him; and this way they'll have something to wear to the shower and such too. Or if they somehow get their main shoes - presumably something other than rained on, but things happen. They thank him.

They're pretty (politely) overt when they'd like help (well, except when they'd like it but aren't going to ask). They're careful not to telegraph the second thing, but it does tend to involve them finding reasons to end up farther away from him. 

If he keeps his concern internal, they will not notice it.

Permalink

They can get a good balance of cheap and durable easily enough.  They won't be good for walking on rough terrain, but that doesn't matter here.  "Dark shoes are in this year," the painter suggests when they drop off the shoes.  They are recommended a dark red-orange and dark forest green, respectively.  Azure nods, though gives them the final say.  Glancing into the painting section behind him, there are in fact a number of dark-toned pieces awaiting pickup, mostly single colors or two-tone fades.  

Further shops get visited.  Reusable cloth bags for carrying things.  Basic toiletries and hair ties.  Paper and pencils suitable for drawing are slightly niche outside of fine art stores, but they can buy them cheaper from a shop that mostly handles prints of digital art.  With that, the trip has expended most of their funds and they've gotten in return the basic supplies the money was intended to cover plus something for a hobby.  

Azure again consults his phone for directions.  The two remaining important things are the library and his tailor.  The nearest library with a full TM selection is eight halls away - not terrible, given that they're much narrower than they are long, but still a bit of a walk.  He wants to save going to the tailor as the very last thing, to give them the most time to see local fashions.  

"Let's grab a snack and watch a battle or two at the park while waiting for the shoes, get them, then head to the library," he decides, checking the cousins' reactions to make sure they're not getting annoyed at being dragged around yet.  "First, though, I could use a restroom break.  Back in a minute."  He ducks into one of two doors, leaving them in a small area with benches just outside.  

Permalink

They'll accept the recommendation. (He kind of wants a fancy design, but now's probably not the time to spend time or money on that, and if they get more spending money later he can do it once they know more about what means what here. And he's had more time to brainstorm designs.)

Basic supplies are great to have. And he's glad Alessa'll have the art supplies. 

Permalink

They keep looking around, at clothes as well as not clothes. The ship's(!) designs are really interesting. He still hasn't figured out clothing designations. Maybe they'll have time in the library to try to look it up, if they're going there before going for the clothing.

"Yes sir, thank you."  Looking at battles sounds good - the daemons are interested in them, and it's done here, and it'd be good to know more. (They've checked in with their daemons a few times, and always been told that all is well (and interesting!), but it'd be good to do something specifically for them, soon.) And good to get their first look with someone with them, so they don't stumble into something dangerous. And the officer had recommended the library, and he's looking forward to it for a chance to maybe learn more. 

They are not getting annoyed at all; they very much appreciate the help and are glad that he doesn't seem annoyed about it, at least yet. 

Nodnod.

And, probably a good time for them to do the same, then, so they don't keep him waiting later. He took his daemon along so they'll do the same. The labels on the doors are unfamiliar (predictably), but if he's going to that one presumably the subs' room is the other one. They head in.

Permalink

The woman fussing with her hair in the mirror does not think they belong!  She glares at them and tells them that this is the bathroom for women.  

Permalink

Did he... mishear that? He looks at Kente, who looks just as confused.

"I'm sorry, the -?"

Permalink

Another woman, with a yellow four-legged bug looking daemon on her head, comes out of one of the stalls, sees them, and is immediately considerably more upset.

What are they doing here. And two of them together on top of everything. Are they stalking someone, like that awful ex her niece had, or were they just hoping to get a peek at whoever was in? It's bad enough when just-settled try something like that! Or did they think this was a funny prank, because it isn't!

Permalink

 

What did they - he doesn't know and trying to think quickly enough isn't giving him anything and - they'll - find out soon, right now -

He will look sorry and contrite and compliant (and unthreatening, he doesn't usually have to think about looking unthreatening but she'd mentioned stalking) - he doesn't know how they signal all that here but he can do his best and hope some things are universal enough -

They're very sorry, they're - new here, they still don't know a lot, they didn't mean to - do whatever they did (should he have said that? But what else could he have said?), they're sorry and they'll - try to fix it right away -

Permalink

(He isn't quite as good at this as Alessa, but he can do about the same.)

Permalink

The daemons huddle in a bit.

Permalink

This doesn't actually seem to make her much less angry.

Oh, now they're sorry, now that they've run into someone who might actually have something to say about it? Do they think that'll convince her not to report them? Because it won't, she is going to report them immediately. Someone needs to act to put a stop to this sort of thing. And what kind of ridiculous excuse is he even trying to come up with there.

(She stalks over to one of the sinks and begins washing her hands, glaring over at them angrily any time she doesn't need to watch what she's doing.)

Permalink

Contrite, compliant - usually-well-disciplined -

No, of course not, they're sorry, of course it isn't an excuse. The - the dom they're with is in the other restroom, he'll probably be out soon, if she wants to talk right to him -

Permalink

They have another friend in on this, do they? And he backed out but they're still trying to blame it on him? Well, sure, she wants to see him, if he was involved she's going to report him too.

Permalink

Oh gods, is this something where the dom will be in trouble for not having kept them from it -

(...Well, it isn't as though it would be better if he hadn't mentioned him and it had to come through the report the long way...) (He's confused about some parts of what she'd said, but he's confused about a lot right now, it's hardly most important...)

(He feels so stupid and thoughtless and the worst kind of irresponsible - he should have asked the sub at the front desk for a book, he should have asked her, he should have stopped being ridiculous about the nightshirt and gone to the cafeteria and found some friendly looking sub, he should at worst have asked the dom who was taking them around - how did he think they were going to go around knowing nothing and have it all turn out just fine - and he deserves to be punished, for it, but now he's gotten Kente into it too, and maybe the dom, who's been so generous to them...)

Permalink

She finishes washing her hands, glares at them more, and walks to the door.

Permalink

They follow.

He takes Alessa's hand again, squeezes. (Well. It was probably going to happen sooner or later. Unideal comfort, but there it is.)

Permalink

The daemons are also following. (It's unfair, he thinks, that they're going to be hurt for it too, when it isn't hardly their fault.

Maybe whoever will be dealing with them here will - put him and Kente at a wall for a few hours, or something, and the daemons can just wander around in range. 

That's probably not how they do it though. Not if the daemons are supposed to be their souls.)

 

Is the dom out yet?

Permalink

Florentho is.  He'd stepped into the restroom to discuss some things with his Azure, but had wound up rushing back out when he'd felt the burst of negative emotions nearby.  Their immediate thought was that the people from the illegal lab had been watching for a chance to attack.  He really shouldn't have left the aliens alone, even for a few seconds.  They didn't even have propper Moves yet - only whatever vulpix and spinarak normally know by default, which is - what? Tackle?  They also don't seem as willing to defend themselves as the locals.  Unfortunately, that hadn't felt as important as having a moment to catch up with his human forty seconds ago.  

After looking around for them on the nearby benches, he paces back and forth a bit trying to triangulate where the feelings are coming from.  Probably the women's restroom?  He hesitates at the door, considering whether or not to crack the door open and ask if there's anything going on inside.  

Permalink

Before he can, the door opens. An angry woman, whose joltik has moved to her shoulder, steps out and glares around.

Total: 381
Posts Per Page: