This post has the following content warnings:
May 29, 2020 3:31 PM
a d/s au Alessa and cousin in Daémon
+ Show First Post
Total: 381
Posts Per Page:
Permalink

Followed by the cousins, looking subdued and nervous and bracing. They also look around.

"That's his daemon. He - must not be out yet, miss." He's - not sure what to do (or why the daemon is out here alone now -  maybe it's part of how things are done here (which he should have asked about...))

Permalink

Nothing illegal lab related seems to be happening though.

Permalink

Azure is washing his hands.  Ultimately, Florentho can handle just about anything he can in this situation, so he wouldn't be justified rushing out.  

"Is anyone hurt?"  Florentho asks the cousins, ignoring the woman for the moment.

Permalink

He is looking down at the ground. "No, sir." That's - something. They could have have done worse, with how careless he was. At least if got caught quickly. Before anything more severe could happen.

Permalink

"No thanks to you!" opines the woman's daemon from her shoulder. "Did you think this was some harmless prank? I don't know how you were involved, but just because you didn't do it yourself doesn't mean you're blameless! We're going to be reporting all of you. Before you barge in on someone who you'll set crying!"

Permalink

"Reporting someone for wandering into the wrong bathroom by mistake, really?"  He adopts a disapproving stance at her.  "This hardly seems worth bothering with."

Permalink

By mistake? She thinks not. She heard someone telling those two where they were, before she'd even gone out to the sinks, and did they apologize and get right out? They did not. And then they had the audacity to pretend they had no idea what she was talking about.

And if they were hanging around together and his human is in the right place, she doesn't see how they could have made a 'mistake' at that point.

Permalink

The wrong - ?

He is not going to interrupt right now.

Permalink

He considers his reply.  'Aliens' explains everything, but isn't exactly believable.  They would also prefer if it were kept under wraps for now.  

"By all means, call over an officer," he winds up saying.  "We aren't in a hurry, if you want to waste your time."  His tone carries complete confidence in the situation.  Which, of course, he is.  Even if the police weren't well aware of the situation with the aliens, and even if Azure-and-Florentho weren't a member of one of the more influential families in the Fleet, and even if they didn't have a spotless history and in high regard in their own right, he's pretty sure that using the wrong bathroom isn't even illegal on its own.  It's just that people who usually enter do so to do things that are illegal.

Azure steps out, though stands back.  Florentho knows more about what's going on and can keep talking until they've had the chance to catch up.

Permalink

The vulpix wraps a tail around Kente's leg, staying close, looking also nervous.

Permalink

...He remembers how the officers had talked to - the one other of their rescuers. If their rescuers are all important... (He doesn't want the dom to have to be penalized for their - his - mistakes, it's - good, if he wouldn't be. But he doesn't want the woman in trouble either...

(...it occurs to him, very belatedly, that if there's some issue with the bathroom they were in, the woman might also be a dom (it's so disorienting, being this unsure...). In which case - he's lucky she didn't seem to notice him misaddress her. He - doesn't think they'd done anything else...)

Permalink

The woman narrows her eyes at Florentho, then turns her head at the door opening. She seems to actually recognize Azure; her demeanor changes, seeing him.

 

"Now I wouldn't have expected you be involved in something like this. Unless you weren't after all and they're just trying to sling blame around?" She's sounding much less angry, at least while addressing him.

Permalink

(He winces, still looking at the ground. He didn't mean -)

Permalink

Florentho can catch Azure up quietly. 

Perhaps it would be best just to get her to go away.  "They are with me, though I wasn't expecting them to enter that restroom.  I'll talk to them about it."

Permalink

"Well.

I'm sure you can handle some pair of miscreants." She spares another glare for the cousins. "I just don't want to see it happen again, when it's someone who'd really be hurt - but I'm sure you understand. Of course you would hardly have been involved, seeing what you see.

I do apologize for yelling before I recognized you - the way they said it, I thought they had some other friend like them, maybe the sort who'd dare them to it. But I remember how you helped those poor people in that horrible fire - I'm as grateful as the whole ship is, of course. 

I hope you serve as a proper example to them." And she's just as glad to avoid all the hassle of reporting, really, and another thank you to him.

She walks away, seemingly satisfied that someone trustworthy and not likely to be part of some gang of delinquents has the situation in hand after all.

Permalink

(He shivers a little when Azure speaks. Not that he was - expecting something else. 

They look at the ground and - wait for what happens next.)

Permalink

He sighs in exasperation, but only after she gets far enough away that she won't hear it.  Well, that could have gone worse.  

"Use the restroom I came out of, then we'll find somewhere quiet to deal with this."  He pauses, considering.  He'd only assumed they were picking the wrong door by mistake - perhaps they are women?  And just because they look human... well, they can cover that later.  Either way, best to not risk having to deal with another person like her for the moment.

Florentho and Azure can take the time to speak privately while waiting.  

Permalink

They're close enough to hear. He flinches.

"Yes, sir." Somewhere quiet is - better than in public (he hasn't seen anyone doing public discipline, but they haven't been much of anywhere except shops and walkways yet.)

They go. (He kind of wants to talk to Kente, while they're alone together. But they shouldn't delay.)

Permalink

He has about the same thought process about talking.

If someone had asked him beforehand, he'd have said he'd expect this much bathroom confusion from aliens who didn't look almost exactly like they did. And hadn't had basically recognizable bathrooms otherwise.

Maybe they divide up bathroom by daemons for some reason (fights?) and subs are just supposed to go where their doms do and be covered by that. Or something.

Permalink

He tries to look unassuming and not look at anyone more than he has to, in case there are more doms here. 

("I'm sorry," he says to his daemon (in time he can't not take anyway). "It isn't fair that they can't just only punish me.")

Permalink

"I don't think it's one of ours' fault more than the other."

Permalink

(He doesn't have time to argue.)

They will be out pretty quickly.

Permalink

Azure-and-Florentho can catch up while waiting.  They are pretty upset at the woman.  Considering how quickly she changed her tune as soon as someone well-dressed came out, she was probably one of those types who likes to pick on those who can't fight back.

They can find one of many relatively private sitting areas tucked into odd corners of the Hall.  This one is at the bottom level of a ramp upwards, partially obscured with a large column and far enough from the main path that they'll be hard to overhear.  

Permalink

(The woman in question would disagree with and object to this, but is of course not present to do so.)

Permalink

They follow.

He's been trying to think if he should start preemptively apologizing, once they're wherever the dom means to deal with this. He - might not like it, if it's an interruption in whatever he was going to say, or if that's not done here.

But they apologized to the woman and not to him at all yet, and he's still not sure about body language here and he wants to show that they know they've - done something, even if they don't still understand what. That they're not trying to be obstinate or disobedient or make trouble. That they aren't going to try and get out of it, try to take what the daemon has said for themselves and claim it shouldn't be worth bothering with.

And it's the best way he can think of to try to draw attention to himself and less to Kente.

 

He waits until they're clearly enough where they're going, the dom has sat down and is looking at them again. He doesn't kneel - he doesn't know if that would be inappropriate, here.

"I'm really sorry sir. We're very sorry. I - you've been very kind to us, sir, everyone has been very generous, and it was - the least of my duty to do what I needed so that we could behave properly here. And Miss Mareline had said she was happy to help, and I had all of last night and this morning, and I should have - asked her, or one of the other subs at the front desk, or someone else at least, or asked someone for a book. And it was - very irresponsible, and very neglectful of me, and there isn't anyone to blame but me. I'm very sorry, sir. And I'm very sorry we - did whatever we did - I'm sorry, I should understand better - and very sorry we caused trouble for you, sir."

(Better to - begin with what it is, and not wait for the - 'conversation' - to get there through 'it was an accident' and 'they should have known'. And try to get any blame away from Mareline or anyone else for not instructing them better, if he can.)

Total: 381
Posts Per Page: