Jun 20, 2018 7:23 AM
glass flamethrower
Menu
kiri in worm
Permalink

Calling a prime to deal with a wandering monster is appropriate enough. She killed a bear that was menacing people, once.

The snake thing is just faster than she expects and before she's resolved to kill it it's on her.

Total: 284
Posts Per Page:
Permalink

And then she's somewhere else altogether.

It's - probably a road, there are vehicles unlike anything she's seen and they're quite definitely being driven by people. She's not in the middle of the actual street, though; she's off to one side, on a walk made of wood where there are lots of people walking around, up and down and about. The walk is slightly raised over a beach, and there are small buildings on it showcasing a variety of things that are presumably for sale - clothes, paintings, food, handcrafted this and thats, contraptions unlike anything she's ever laid eyes on before. Across the road from her there are more buildings, most of them stone, most of them very tall - some over two dozen stories tall, if the windows are anything to go by - and she can see even more of those stretching out into the distance.

Permalink

She might have fallen over even if not for the people. As it is she pitches over the boardwalk onto the beach trying to get out of range.

Permalink

There are people on the beach also but definitely less, and with the way she's moving they're definitely giving her an over-five-feet wide berth by the time she lands on the sand.

Permalink

Okay, with nobody in range she can work on calming down.

Aaaaaaaaa.

Permalink

Someone's walking towards her coming from where there are a few people sunning themselves nearer the beach, saying something in an unfamiliar language. His body language and tone seem friendly, at least.

Permalink

- she has no way to communicate with these people. She makes a circle of fire, five feet in radius, around herself.

Permalink

Well that stops him. He says something again in that same language, raising both hands in a placating gesture. More people are paying attention, now, and some of them have small rectangles they're pointing in her direction or bringing up to the side of their faces.

Permalink

She does her best to look calm and nonthreatening and doesn't add any more fire. She says, "I don't speak this language."

Permalink

The man pauses and tries to say something in what's probably a different language. The way he's clipped about it suggests he may not be completely fluent.

Permalink

"I only speak Welchin and Soechin. I'd recognize Malinquan or Berringese or some others but that wasn't them."

Permalink

The man definitely doesn't understand a word of it. He raises one finger then looks over his shoulder and calls something to a woman sitting up on a towel. The woman raises a rectangle to her face too and starts speaking into it.

Permalink

She has no idea what the rectangles are for but it would be a bad idea to invade people's privacy without informed consent to find out. She waits.

Permalink

People mill around. Some more point rectangles at her, and some of the rectangles emit short-duration flashes of light when they do.

Permalink

Weird.

Eventually she gets up and takes a step, fire circle moving with her, to see if people clear the way to let her wander.

Permalink

They do, and also get a little bit freaked out by it and look much warier. Some of the people who were enjoying the beach start packing up in a hurry.

Permalink

That's awkward. She opens her mouth, remembers they won't understand her, sighs, sits back down.

Permalink

When it becomes obvious she won't take more steps people calm down, and after a couple more minutes start steadily losing interest in her.

Permalink

She tries to guess the time of day by the sun.

Permalink

It's not too high in the sky but its movement suggests it doesn't get that high. Probably around 2PM ish?

Permalink

Well, she doesn't really want to sit here getting hungrier till people go home for the night, but she'll take at least a couple hours to get bored enough to terrorize people.

Permalink

It doesn't take that long for something to happen. It doesn't actually even take ten minutes: a vehicle sort of like the other ones regularly passing by the street but bulkier arrives, and a couple of people in full-body armor of a very weird kind walk out of it. A one-person vehicle - large and blue, with two wheels, but way quieter than all the other vehicles - comes with that one, a man in blue metal armor with a halberd attached to his back riding it. He parks and dismounts and makes his way to her.

Permalink

...okay.

"Hello."

Permalink

He says something that might be a greeting, then gestures at her fire and makes inquisitive noises.

Permalink

She'll turn it off then on again.

Permalink

He asks a question. The man from before, who stuck around, tells him something, then he looks at the her again and scratches his visible chin.

Total: 284
Posts Per Page:
Back to Top