Dec 12, 2018 6:53 AM
kiri in worm
+ Show First Post
Total: 340
Posts Per Page:
Permalink

"I still don't speak this language."

Permalink

He raises his wrist to the level of his eyes, is quiet for a second, then nods, as if confirming something. He asks another question but that one's accompanied by beckoning gestures.

Permalink

She gets up again.

Permalink

He asks another question, pointing at the fire then gesturing around him and making as if to indicate a shrinking circle.

Permalink

She shrinks it illustratively, then puts it back.

Permalink

He points at the vehicle that came before him (the two fully-armored people are there, in positions that suggest they are ready to attack if they need to) then makes the shrinking gesture again while pointing at the back of it, where there are two open doors showing an empty interior that is very much not large enough to contain a five-foot-radius sphere.

Permalink

She'd wind up near the armored people. Ugh. She can't communicate - "It's not like the radius is for my benefit -"

Permalink

He tilts his head then presses a button on his wrist, which repeats her voice back to her: "It's not like the radius is for my benefit -" He says some more things, pointing at himself, his head (which he then shakes), his arm, and then at a building behind him in the distance with what looks like a spherical forcefield. He then presses another button on his wrist and repeats her sentence, and then a sentence in his language.

Permalink

"...yeah that didn't help communicate anything. I assume I didn't manage to communicate anything either. Perhaps I could travel alone in the vehicle if you're so keen on getting me into it -" She motions shooing the people there away.

Permalink

He pauses, then says something to the two people, and they dutifully leave the vicinity of the vehicle.

Permalink

She cuts off the fire and steps in.

Permalink

There's someone in the driver's seat.

Permalink

- if she hangs back towards the very rear of the vehicle is that too close -

Permalink

No that's actually far enough.

Permalink

Then she will sit there.

Permalink

Vehicle starts moving. It's quick.

Permalink

She waits, parked in the back corner, processing with little letters of flame in the air.

Permalink

The vehicle takes a few minutes but eventually stops. Someone starts opening the doors.

Permalink

She scrambles back once there's a gap.

Permalink

If the man is confused about why she's so far back, he doesn't show it. He asks something and gestures for her to walk out, then gets out of the way.

Permalink

When he's given her enough space she steps out.

Permalink

They're in an underground space where there are several vehicles. The guards are all suitably far away, and the man in blue starts leading the way to a door.

Permalink

Door opens to a wide corridor that ends in a glass door. The man leads the way again, and the glass door opens to admit him into a glass-walled cylindrical room. It's large enough to accommodate both of them with Kiri's safety radius, but just barely, and it doesn't seem to have - anything else in it.

Permalink

...she gives him space in the room and looks at him quizzically.

Total: 340
Posts Per Page: