Apr 16, 2021 7:02 AM
Eliza in Sentinels of the Multiverse
Permalink

Even with the beacon up and Zephyr's powers in full bloom, they still have a tendency to try and respond to every call for help that comes from a different world. And of course, there are many members of the Meadous who are happy to respond to such cries. Eliza is part of one such group, lined up and ready to go through the portal. There's a marching order, and she should technically be in the middle of the pack, but in her excitement she goes charging through, wings flared out-

And the portal cuts off right behind her as she stumbles, glancing behind her in shock. She pats herself down to make sure she has all her equipment on her, and starts trying to call up her team on the communicator even as she starts looking around, trying to figure out just what kind of world she's landed in and what all the noise is.

Total: 79
Posts Per Page:
Permalink

She's in a city - a huge city, by this world's standards at least. Skyscrapers surround her, and civilians run screaming for cover. There are cries for help aplenty. "All the noise" appears to be a giant floating platform, its top domed over by a grid of glowing orange hexagons. Mounted turrets on the sides and bottom rain brilliant beams of energy on the city. It's radiating a kind of...static. Her communicator seems to be on the fritz. 

A loudspeaker, of all things, plays from the bottom of the platform. 

"COME AND FACE ME IF YOU DARE, LEGACY! YOU CANNOT HIDE BEHIND YOUR PATHETIC TEAMMATES ANY LONGER! YOU SHALL MEET YOUR DOOM AT MY BLADE!"

Permalink

Okay, well, good for this dude immediately making it very clear who's the bad guy here. She shoves the communicator back in her pocket, she'll look over it later. For now, she glances up at the sky and around in general to see if there's anyone flying up or generally running towards instead of away from the destruction. And let's see...do any of the buildings have a picture of what this "Legacy" person looks like? She throws up a brief illusion around herself as she goes looking for this information, one that temporarily hides her full transformation and makes her look like a normal civilian, her wings pulled against her back to prevent accidentally tripping someone.

Permalink

As a matter of fact...

Permalink

...a flying man in white and blue is busy twisting a turret barrel into uselessness...

Permalink

...a red blur zips by, and there are suddenly fewer screaming civilians in harm's way...

Permalink

...a heavily armored figure is charging an extremely large cannon in an abandoned parking lot...

Permalink

...while another creates walls of ice with blasts from its palms, blocking shots from the platform. 

Permalink

Oh, okay, good for them! Hmm...they probably do have plans of their own on how to handle this. The most responsible thing to do would probably be to ask one of them what she can do to help while they're less distracted, but Eliza is not responsible. Instead, she's going to start looking for any cannons on the ground that aren't being handled yet, while rolling one of her Pokeballs around in her hand.

Permalink

The cannon-being-charged appears to belong to the armored guy, actually; it is "charging" in the sense that it emits an ever-increasing glow, and it's pointed up at the floating platform. 

At ground level, there's no other heavy armament, but a squad of green-clad figures are starting to shoot at Cannon Guy and Ice Guy from a nearby building. 

Permalink

Alright then. She ducks into an alley first to release her disguise illusion, before flying up so that she's behind them, with only her eyes poking up above the roof. She quickly calls up an illusion of what she can recall about the red blurry person, filling in the gaps the best she can. She then has the illusion wave, while calling out "yoo-hoo!" herself. Hopefully this results in them switching targets to the illusion. She moves her hands over her Pokeballs before selecting Blade's-he's the one best suited to immediately jumping into a crisis who also has moves that won't damage the building. She's also hoping to get a better look at the guys-does their green clothing look like armor or just a skinsuit?

Permalink

About half the figures switch targets. It won't last, though; it's not a very convincing illusion and they'll start to notice very quickly when their bullets don't do squat. Also, this is the person who is plausibly many times faster than bullets. Already one of the shooters is starting to backtrack through the building, looking for the source of the mocking blur person. 

Their clothes look more like combat uniforms, although they're bulky enough at the chest to have some amount of armor underneath

Permalink

Well, all she needed was to draw them away for a moment. She does notice the one starting to explore the building, and casts another quick illusion against the windows she's hovering by-just one to block the view from within and make it look normal, for now, even as she starts moving to back away slightly from the building. She might have to land soon, her wings really need more space than this.

Still. she grabs the Pokeball and presses the button, Blade appearing in a flash of red light. The Pidgeot flaps in midair, looking around in confusion, before she calls out a command.

"Blade! Air Slash those green guys!" He lets out a screech of agreement and takes to the air, wings glowing with white energy before he starts sending blades of air at the group of people, aiming at their hands in an attempt to knock their guns away. She herself drops the illusion on the windows and goes rocketing into the air, wings flapping as she activates one of her shapeshifting abilities, shrinking into a much tinier mouse form, only retaining her wings. Right now, becoming a smaller target is probably her highest priority.

Permalink

Blade catches most of the shooters unawares. Several drop their guns. A few more simply drop. Ice Guy, approaching from the parking lot, uses the opening to flash-freeze the rest through the broken windows. 

The guy who was exploring the building avoids both attacks. He ducks for cover behind a filing cabinet, and levels a rifle at the mysterious giant bird. (He's hiding from the parking lot side, but exposed to Eliza). He doesn't appear to notice the flying mouse. 

Permalink

"Blade! Gun!" calls Eliza, darting through the air and doing a few loops to disguise where her voice is coming from. The Pidgeot hears her and seems to focus, eyes glowing a steely gray as he prepares to evade the attack. Eliza lands on top of the filing cabinet, pressing herself flat against it and watching to see who the guy tries to shoot next. And also just how well-armored his hands look. Could a good bite get him to drop that gun?

Permalink

He opens fire. Blade, forewarned and ready, evades. 

On closer inspection, the soldier's chest is armored. The rest of his green-and-blue outfit seems to consist of a bodysuit and glowing goggles. A short stick hangs on his belt - a melee weapon of some kind? He's wearing moderately-thick rubber gloves for some reason. Kinda hard to bite through. He's looking around for the source of the yelling, but still doesn't see the winged mouse. 

Permalink

Alright, Eliza, think. Blade can't keep up the Detecting forever, she doesn't know how many shots are in the gun and it's probably still quite a bit considering he was scouting and didn't waste as much on her illusion. But...wait a moment. She looks down at the file cabinet she's sitting on, and a small devious smile spreads across her mousy face. She starts carefully sliding backwards until she's at the edge, gliding down as silently as she can and landing lightly on the other side of said cabinet.

Permalink

And then she starts shifting again, as silently and quickly as she can. Blade, noticing her movements, starts letting out a few cries of his own to distract the guy and draw his attention, darting back and forth in hopes that the guy won't shoot so fast again.

Her nue form is very strong, and her magical girl transformation enhances the strength on top of that. The instant she's tall enough, she places the whole weight of her body against the file cabinet and pushes.

Permalink

Smart bird. 

The man shoots again. A bullet grazes Blade's side, but the wound isn't deep. The man swears under his breath and starts reloading. 

Then a filing cabinet falls on him, and he stops doing much of anything. 

Permalink

An increasingly-loud humming noise is starting to make itself heard from outside in the parking lot. Ice Guy leaps in through the window and freezes a couple more downed soldiers, leaving their heads exposed so they can breathe. His helmeted head turns towards Eliza, and he raises glowing palms, but doesn't fire. (Or, in this case, ice). His voice comes out with an odd crisp intonation. "Who the heck are you?" 

Permalink

Eliza curtsies a little, grinning. Admittedly, that smile probably looks a bit more threatening on her tigery face, though for now her snake tail is doing its best to just hang down, be an extra set of eyes and make sure no one gets up, and not be too hissy.

"Eliza Owens, representing the Meadous! There were supposed to be a bunch of others following me, but the portal kind of closed early? I haven't been able to get back in contact, so I don't know what's going on back there."

Blade, seeing the fight mostly over, glides over next to land next to her, tilting his head to the side as well. Eliza reaches out to pat him on the shoulder fondly. "Oh yeah, and this is Blade! He's one of my Pokemon!"

Permalink

"Meadous? Portal? Pokemon? The f - " He pauses a moment, silent, and casually ices Cabinet Guy. "...we don't have time for this. If you're helping, you're helping. What can you do." 

Permalink

Eliza lifts a clawed hand and starts counting them off, speaking fairly rapidly, while Blade flutters into the air away from the ice. Sadly, he's no longer small enough to perch on Eliza's shoulder. "Well, my most practiced power is illusions-I've gotta be watching them most of the time to make them look and act right, but I've gotten pretty good at making them act realistically and that could act as a decoy. I can turn into a magical girl form that lets me fly and makes me slightly tougher. I also have multiple individual forms I can stack on top of that-a mouse form that's mostly good for sneaking around; a Primarina form that can put people to sleep or shoot water, but that needs water to swim in or someone to carry me; and this form is my physically strongest on top of the teeth and claws. I can fill an area with poison mist in this form, but I don't think that would be safe for this city. Blade's really good at cutting things up fast, and he can carry a person-probably not with armor on though. Plus I've got other Pokemon-Lantern might be able to phase through that force field, but he couldn't bring anyone with him."

Permalink

"Magical girl. Ugh. Wraith, you getting this? Yes, I know it's not the weirdest we've - " Pause. "Fine. Alright Magic Girl, let's get you a communicator." He makes for the parking lot, beckoning. "Can any of your...Pokemon...do fire or ice like me? If you hit me with heat I can freeze things, if you hit me with cold I'll heal." 

Permalink

Red blur zips in. "HeyIheardyoufoundanewheroIwannasee-" 

There's a thin patch of ice by the window, concealed by a white tile floor. Red blur slips and skids into a desk. 

"-Ow." 

She's less blurry now. A little more red. 

Permalink

Eliza follows after, bouncing slightly on the heels of her paws. Blade is already flying ahead, trying to get out of the icy area. "Oh, Witch and Slinky can both do fire, but I don't have any Ice-types on my-oh!" Eliza starts when the woman skids into the desk. "Are you okay?"

Blade chirps worriedly, flapping over to perch on the desk and inspect her for injury.

Total: 79
Posts Per Page: