This post has the following content warnings:
Mar 04, 2021 8:01 AM
teenage mage-gifted jisa ends up in cosel
+ Show First Post
Total: 1334
Posts Per Page:
Permalink

"Missed you too." Jisa scratches behind her ears, and then frowns through the fringe of trees. "Nearly dawn, I think, but we should time it consistently." She bounces on her heels, rubbing her hands together, and waits.

Permalink

Some sort of bird yells at her. The sun comes up in a perfectly normal fashion.

Permalink

She does a Gate and it's a lot faster and somewhat more efficient than last time, she has more confidence about it, and she gets it up and sends Enara surging through and takes it down, and then sits down on her bottom in the leaves. She...thinks she'll be able to walk back fine in another half a candlemark or so, but she sure hopes no wild elementals decide to pick on her in the meantime. 

Permalink

They don't. The bird yells at her again though.

:Jisa?: asks Wood.

Permalink

She scrambles up. :Yeswhatisit–:

Permalink

:Maurabel's gone and someone's knocking. Should I answer it?:

Permalink

:Ummm how unusual is it for you to be home without me there - I'll be there soon– hold that thought, I can check who it is with Thoughtsensing: With some effort, listening for Wood in particular is a lot easier than holding her Othersenses open to all minds at that distance, but she broadens it a bit. 

Permalink

It's one of the other girls who lives in Maurabel's building. She's impatient.

Permalink

:Um, Maurabel's in class right, so she's not even meant to be here - er, if it's normal for owners to leave their elementals behind when they go on errands, I guess you can answer and say your owner is a friend of Maurabel's and left you here to do errands and will be back soon - I will be back soon, I'm coming...: She's running, even though she's very tired and this is TERRIBLE timing. 

Permalink

Wood opens the door.

"You're not one of the school's," says the girl, frowning.

"I belong to Maurabel's friend," says Wood. "She's doing errands. She'll be back soon."

"When is Maurabel going to be back?" demands the girl.

"I don't know."

"Well," says the girl, "I'll wait right here," and she goes and sits on Maurabel's bed.

Permalink

Jisa can't tell if this is incredibly rude like it seems or if the girl is friends with Maurabel and it makes perfect sense. 

Running is kind of a stupidly inefficient way to do this, but it's daylight now and she can't even Gate in without being seen because there's a girl rudely in Maurabel's room. She runs, panting. Illusions herself before she reaches the city proper - just changing the colour of her hair to bright blonde and making her nose look bigger, it's easier to do that then make herself invisible while moving fast, but she's worried sprinting through the city is conspicuous and doesn't want people remembering it associated with her. 

It's still a lot faster than the way out, and she reaches the university in ten minutes, hides in a bush and drops the illusion and tries to catch her breath a bit before heading in; she tugs the amulet out of her clothes so it's visible. 

"Um, hey," she says to the girl, stepping in. "Sorry, I think Maurabel's in class or something." She glances at Wood, trying to look bored and impatient. :Let's go somewhere else: she adds in Mindspeech. 

Permalink

Wood gets up and follows her.

"Are you the person who's been crashing here?" the girl asks Jisa.

Permalink

Aaaaaaaaah she has no idea if this is a dangerous question to answer! "Er, y...es, but that's just temporary, I'm finding my own place soon." 

Permalink

"Are you going to enroll?"

Permalink

"I, um, I haven't decided for sure yet, probably. Anyway I should go I have a job to get to–" She tries to edge out the door. 

Permalink

"Mm-hm." She doesn't detain Jisa further.

Permalink

She escapes with Wood, tells him in Mindspeech to follow her as she walks back to the edge of the city, trying to look like she knows exactly where she's going. 

:Aah that was stressful: she says, once they're past the city and she's ducked off the path to hide in some trees. :I don't know what she wanted. I hope Maurabel isn't mad that we let her in - I didn't know what would be the least suspicious...: 

Permalink

:I have no idea, sorry. You could Mindspeak Maurabel about it?:

Permalink

:It might scare her, but I can do it without reading her mind: 

She starts hunting for Maurabel. 

Permalink

Maurabel is actually not in range right -

- no, there she is, appearing suddenly well within range.

Permalink

Weird? Jisa tenses up a bit. 

:Maurabel?: she says, while very very carefully not reading any of Maurabel's surface thoughts even a tiny bit. 

Permalink

:What? Is everything okay -:

Permalink

:Um, we're fine, but this girl showed up looking for you - I wasn't there, Wood let her in - she was asking about me, she looks like this...: Jisa pushes over a blurry sense of the girl's face. :I'm sorry if we shouldn't've let her in, I didn't know what'd be suspicious: 

Permalink

:Ugh, I don't like her but she won't be that much trouble. Thanks for letting me know. Is she waiting?:

Permalink

:Yes. I said I thought you were in class: 

Total: 1334
Posts Per Page: