This post has the following content warnings:
Aug 05, 2020 9:48 PM
velgarth bell and leareth become very upset
Next Post »
+ Show First Post
Total: 3188
Posts Per Page:
Permalink

:Right, yes, I have a saddle and tack which belong to me - a couple of saddles, actually, the one for really long-distance riding on circuit is a bit more heavy-duty. I'll arrange to be wearing one set and to have the rest packed up to go with you: 

Permalink

:Thanks!:

Permalink

Vanyel is the last person to come bid his farewells. "I'm sorry for running off on you last night." 

Permalink

"It's okay. Are you feeling better?"

Permalink

"Yes." He doesn't seem to want to talk about that. "You learned useful things from the Archives?" 

Permalink

"Yes, thank you for showing me."

Permalink

"You're welcome." Vanyel makes slightly awkward chitchat with her for a couple minutes before seeming to consider his social dues paid. "I guess I'll see you in the next dream?"

Permalink

"Mm-hm!" Hug?

Permalink

Hug!

Permalink

And she is all packed and ready whenever Savil is.

Permalink

Savil arrives at around noon. "Here, I brought a packed lunch for you just in case there's some sort of delay with Leareth collecting you. My plan is to raise the Gate, it's to a town called Devin, little ways past the official Valdemaran border but I chased some bandits thataways once. You'll want to ride out to a place a little outside town, here." She hands Belrun a map as well. "Does all of that sound all right with you?" 

Permalink

She peers at the map, shows it to Amshalan. "That looks doable, thank you."

Permalink

"All right, good. My thought was to do it from the Heralds' temple doorway, it's plenty big enough for Amshalan, and it's been used a lot for Gates which makes it easier. Let's head over?" 

Permalink

She nods and swings up onto Amshalan's back.

Permalink

They head to the temple, and Savil raises a nice big Gate on the arched bronze doorway. It opens onto a rutted track on the edge of town, so Belrun can hopefully avoid having to explain her presence to a dozen curious locals. 

"Good luck!" Savil says brightly, nodding for her to head through. 

Permalink

"Thank you!"

Permalink

Savil drops the Gate as soon as she's through, leaving Belrun alone on a peaceful, pleasant countryside trail, surrounded by tall beech trees. 

Permalink

:Oh that feels so much better:

Permalink

Amshalan carries her along the route specified. :Was he coming in person for this? I guess the plan didn't specify, maybe he wanted to leave it unclear. Does it feel like he's close? Or just not as far as before?: 

Permalink

:I don't have a lot of practice with fine gradations. I think close-ish:

Permalink

Amshalan keeps trotting down the path. They hit a fork. :Hmm, it was left here, right?: 

Permalink

Belrun checks the map.

Permalink

It is, indeed, left. 

Shortly later they pass a large, humped rock that sort of vaguely resembles the silhouette of a bear, as specified, and then–

Permalink

Leareth materializes from under a shield and illusion, along with half a dozen of his mages, and jogs in her direction. "Belrun!" 

Permalink

"Leareth!!" She slides down from Amshalan, and resists breaking into a run, but holds out her arms.

Total: 3188
Posts Per Page: