May 26, 2019 9:05 PM
i didn't know a sharingan could do that, did you? uh, what's a sharingan?
+ Show First Post
Total: 742
Posts Per Page:
Permalink

She flies Naruto over.

Permalink

She's met by a team of medics - many of them older, more sure of themselves - and there's a notable presence of guards.

Permalink

Good. She doesn't especially want to have to rescue him again.

With the boy handed off, she can go back to pick up the rest of her team.

Permalink

They're waiting, tense, but unscathed.

Permalink

"He's safe. Has anyone come after you?"

Permalink

"Not that we've seen or sensed."

Permalink

"Good. Let's head back. Are you up for it?"

Permalink

"More or less. As long as we don't go too fast."

They fly back to Konoha.

Permalink

There's a lot of concern in Konoha about the roiling chakra of the Nine Tails, and the potentially damaged seal - 

Itachi and Kakashi are both called to help with the perimeter, in case the tailed beast escapes - and the magical girls are asked how confident they feel against such a creature.

Permalink

They can probably take it.

Permalink

-Though almost certainly not without significant damage to the surrounding area. The village would need to be evacuated quickly if it comes to that, and the ninja should stay out of the combat zone.

Permalink

How far an evacuation radius?

Permalink

As far as they can get; the further the better. At least a mile.

Permalink

A mile's easy - they're already starting evacuations of the town's more vulnerable and harder to move populations.

Permalink

Good. Hopefully it won't come to that, but better safe than sorry.

Permalink

Exactly. 

They're currently working on getting Naruto temporarily stable enough to be moved farther away from the village, too - it's a long shot, but does she have any sealing knowledge? Medicine might help, too, or mental effects, to help him fight it himself.

Permalink

She doesn't have any sealing knowledge or useful medicine. What sort of mental effects are they looking for?

Permalink

Anything that'll strengthen one of the two minds in a body, or give someone emotional strength, or allow her to enter a mindscape, preferably with passengers - according to the Nine Tail's last jinchuuriki, the seal was in a quasi-physical realm, and if you could enter the mindscape you could physically fight the Nine Tails there, weakening it.

(If she can't enter it herself, they might be able to get someone to pull her along.)

Permalink

That sort of thing is not really within her area of expertise, no.

Permalink

Would she be willing to try a mindscape fight?

Permalink

...If they have a good reason to think that would help, yes.

Permalink

They're fairly sure it's their best bet, right now.

Permalink

All right. What does she need to do?

Permalink

Most accompany their specialist into the sealing room, and then not fight the mind transfer technique.

Permalink

She can do that.

Total: 742
Posts Per Page: