May 21, 2019 8:34 AM
i didn't know a sharingan could do that, did you? uh, what's a sharingan?
Permalink

Tasara doesn't know what the Domain was thinking, sending this girl here. Either they're more desperate than she thought, or this girl is extremely foolhardy. Likely the latter. She's, hm, maybe three years out of training, judging by her stamina. Not much finesse, but exuberance in abundance, and a stubborn refusal to admit she's outmatched. If they were further from the city Tasara would flatten her, but the goal is defense, not destruction.

Total: 742
Posts Per Page:
Permalink


Okay, so this might not have been Anneia's smartest idea ever. She thought she would catch the Compact girl by surprise (which she did) close to the city, so she wouldn't be able to just straight up glass her (which seems to have worked as intended), but she didn't think the fight would go on for so long (it has). Anneia's starting to get a little tired! But she's seen some cool tricks. That thing with throwing the sword only it turns out to be an illusion and the girl's run sofastwow around to her blind side with the real sword, that was neat. She's got a trick of her own left still though, which is why she thought she could do this in the first place.

If she can just- whoops don't get your leg blown off by that blast- just stand still long enough to charge it up, dammit.

Permalink

Tch, almost had her with that. She's agile, Tasara'll give her that much. Needs to work on her battlefield awareness, though. She's too focused on trying to prep a big piece of magic whenever she gets a moment to notice the pit Tasara has been slowly building and herding her towards. Just a few more steps-

Permalink

Then there's a lurch, the world twisting into black around them, and they're falling for a half beat, and then the world untwists - somewhere else.

There's figures in blank white masks and an old man surrounding a boy in his late teens. The boy's stumbling back, clutching at his bleeding eye - which the old man seems to be holding.

Permalink

-wait, what the hell?

Permalink

Ha, an opening! Anneia jumps up and focuses her magic into an enormous hammer, the head glowing brightly as she imbues it further. She brings it down in an overhand smash as she falls, aimed directly at the other girl.

Permalink

Tasara whips her head around and has just enough time to flare her ward, focusing power at the projected point of impact-

Permalink

-she has just enough time to feel the resistance and think to herself, oh, shit-

Permalink

-and then there is light, and heat, and anywhere within fifteen yards of their position is a very bad place to be.

Permalink

Anneia is launched backwards through the air and hits the ground hard.

That didn't exactly work out.

Permalink

The masked people had gotten well out of the way of the suddenly appearing fighters.

The guy who's currently missing an eye got out of the way of the blast, but isn't as thoroughly out of the way as it looks like he'd like to be. He mostly seems like he's looking for an opening to run away.

The possible eye thief is looking at them warily. "Who are you, and what is your business here?" the older man snaps, voice authoritative.

Permalink

Oh wait what this isn't the right place. Who are these guys? She thinks about getting up but on second thought she's going to stay down a while longer.

Her colorful outfit vanishes in a flash of light, revealing the form-fitting body armor she was wearing before.

Permalink

Okay, the Domain girl isn't getting up. She can spare the attention for these strangers.

"That depends. I am Tasara, Executor of the Polemarch. Why have you taken that boy's eye?"

Permalink

"Not your concern," says the man. "You are trespassing. I am operating with the full lawful authority - "

"Like shit you are," snaps the boy. His eye hurts, and he's pretty damn sure that pretzeling of time and space that preceded them was thanks to him trying a last-ditch eye technique. Apparently it summons people. Possibly random people, from how they're acting. Whoops. They might be enemies of Konoha, even if he doesn't recognize the 'Polemarch', but it's pretty damn obvious anyone getting their eye stolen probably has a valuable doujutsu, so doesn't hurt to say - "He's after my eye's power - "

Danzo aims a brace of kunai at him, forcing Shisui to dodge. It's almost insultingly easy. He might be injured and down an eye and dizzy in a way that suggests someone's poisoned him, but he's not slow.

(There's still too many of Danzo's goons for him to make an easy break, but if they're focused on the girls as a threat - )

Permalink

She makes a swatting motion and a glow of light bats the knives from the air.

"As Executor, I am an embodiment of the Polemarch's rule and her law travels with me. I hereby find you in violation thereof, by willful and reckless endangerment, mutilation, and incitement to violence. Lay down your weapons and surrender yourselves to custody."

Permalink

"The only authority here is the Hokage's," the man says, though he looks wary. "Your 'Polemarch' carries none here."

"...As the one with his eye torn out, can we please not involve foreign powers in this," the boy groans. Killing him's fine and something Shisui can run with! Subduing him for Konoha arrest gives him time to wriggle out, especially since Shisui isn't convinced the Hokage won't side with Danzo again, but, again, Shisui can manage that. Bringing him to a non-Konoha place is a no. "We have our own justice system." That even mostly functions some of the time!

Permalink

"Lay down your weapons and surrender," she repeats. "Or I will subdue you."

Permalink

The man gestures, and the masked figures attack her while he goes to seal the eye into a scroll. The boy sighs and backs slightly out of the possible blast radius, remaining eye red and keenly watching for any openings.

Permalink

They're faster than she was expecting. And they have magic, even the males. It's a strange kind, but not anything that poses a serious risk of actually hurting her. Shrugging off a blow that might have eviscerated an ordinary person, she adjusts her reflexes upwards and summons her own sword into her hands, long blade gleaming bone-white and leaving a trail of fire flickering in the air as she spins, clearing the immediate area and launching herself at the old man.

Permalink

There's suddenly a giant tapir-like monster that appears between them in a cloud of smoke, which immediately begins trying to suck her into its snout. Fire blooms around her, courtesy of a figure she missed.

The boy downs a few figures that go for him. He's significantly faster than even them, and currently sticking just to weapons but making a strong account of himself all the same.

Permalink

She tucks her arms in tight and flares magic around her, a chaotic maelstrom. She drills right through the creature, ignoring the fire entirely. When she makes it through, her first objective is to cut off the man's hands and secure the eyeball.

Permalink

He's fast, but not fast enough, and she succeeds - 

And then he flickers, and her blow never landed.

He goes to retreat.

Permalink

-worry about it later. Stomp, and the ground around him ripples like a disturbed pond, and then she's on him again.

Permalink

He keeps his feet apparently rather easily, sending a massive wind scythe towards her, strong enough to damage even the toughest known defences of his world.

His injuries continue flickering out.

Permalink

Okay, maybe she does have to worry about it now. She crosses her arms in front of her and the wind parts like a storm sliding around a mountain.

Some kind of cheat death. Rapid healing? No, changed position. Temporal rewind? Not generalized, only he's jumping, hideously expensive, unlikely to be kept up this long. Dimensional interference, pulling from realities where the attack didn't happen? Usually requires setup, also expensive, have to be pretty paranoid to have it ready while attacking a teenager with a gang of backup. Best guess she's got. Counterward is too finicky to set without a distraction, but she doesn't see an obvious power source so he won't be able to maintain it for long, minutes at most. Experience tells her she's got fifteen minutes of high exertion left herself. So dial back enough to conserve without giving him a chance to slip away or set up something more complicated. Keep landing hits. When they start to stick around, put him down hard and call being able to ask questions a secondary priority.

Total: 742
Posts Per Page: