Apr 18, 2019 2:56 PM
i didn't know a sharingan could do that, did you? uh, what's a sharingan?
+ Show First Post
Total: 645
Posts Per Page:
Permalink

Unfortunately, Obito declines to awaken before Tasara's planned twenty-four hours are up, and the Hokage is still hesitant to commit anyone to going in blind - he'll okay volunteers, if the girls feel like taking any, but he won't make this a mission.

(Itachi and a jounin named Hatake Kakashi both volunteer - both can get through genjutsu, and Naruto's unlikely to know either but a Konoha face should at least help.)

Permalink

They won't refuse the help. Tasara conjures a map and a detailed view of what they know of the area so everyone's on the same page.

Permalink

"That's a long way to fly..."

Permalink

"We'll be doing it two stages. First to here," she points to a point near the destination, "and then rest the way, after you recharge. It should be far enough to evade detection, but close enough for the second stage not to be too tiring."

Permalink

"...Yeah. Yeah, I can do that. Okay."

Permalink

"We'll be fine being carried that far."

Permalink

"Good. Kakashi, with me. Anneia, you take Itachi."

Permalink

And the magical girls and their passengers take off into the sky, glowing brightly.

Permalink

They're very cooperative about being carried.

Nothing comes up to attack them during the first leg of the flight, and the lands below seem mostly still.

Permalink

Well thank goodness for that. On both counts.

She needs about an hour to recharge.

Permalink

They can use the time to refine their plan of attack.

"When we land, we're going to land hard. We two will lead the attack and attempt to take most of the direct fire. Your advantage here is in spotting and breaking genjutsu."

Permalink

"Understood," they both say.

From Kakashi: "What sort of tactics will you both be utilizing?"

Permalink

"Move fast and break things?" Anneia says. Tasara nods. "Yeah. Blow through whatever statics they have and be in their face before they can react. Overwhelming force."

Permalink

"We'll want to stay out of your way, then," Itachi says.

Permalink

"Probably, yeah."

Permalink

"How far back do you want us to stay? I can spot genjutsu from a distance, as long as I have line of sight - but our radios also aren't that hard to jam."

Permalink

"Fifteen yards should be sufficient."

Permalink

She nods. "I should also be able to break genjutsu on you both over that distance - but I might have to close and touch you, and illusions can disrupt my ability to warn you something's up."

Permalink

"The passage seems fairly narrow. We should be able to concentrate our attacks to the front."

Permalink

"And we'll sweep in right behind, then."

Permalink

She nods. "Any other questions?"

Permalink

They both shake their heads.

Permalink

Then when Anneia's rested up, they can make the last leg of the trip.

When they get close, both girls give one final burst of acceleration and then shut off their magic except for what's keeping their passengers in tow and the final descent is a ballistic fall. They flare their barriers in the half-second before final impact and land with a shuddering crash. Almost as fast as the dust from the shock rises into the air, they're off and moving down the tunnel.

Permalink

And Itachi's already having to cut off illusions - luckily she can do this from a distance so far - 

The way is blocked by a shimmering barrier.

"A seal barrier. Overpowering it might be possible, or we'll have to find the cornerstones," Itachi identifies.

Permalink

Anneia's already working on Plan "Smash It", with an option on Plan "Excavate Around It".

Total: 645
Posts Per Page: