Jan 21, 2019 8:06 PM
Deskyl and Daisy in Worm
Permalink

No. No. No no no no no no no. She's only barely recovered from last time they took her; she can't let them take her again.

If she draws her saber, she'll die. There's no doubt in her mind about that, outnumbered as she is and with her master right there. There's nothing she can do; he knows it, they know it, she knows it. They wouldn't do this any other way.

The flash of inspiration is more like a memory; the floating, disconnected kind that sometimes linger after... whatever it is that they do to her. It's never been quite like this before, but - she reaches into the Force, nudges it just so...

 

The burst of feedback - fear and rage and terror - overwhelms her; she reels, barely keeping her feet, distantly aware of the shouting, of her droid stepping forward to steady her. She ignores it as best she can, and continues nudging at the Force, carefully, carefully...

And then, suddenly, she's elsewhere.

Total: 289
Posts Per Page:
Permalink

The elsewhere she is is a back alley somewhere. She's between two tall buildings, with street ahead of her and behind her, a dumpster right over there and a smell of pee wafting from it.

Permalink

She falls to one knee and then crumples sideways into a ball. The droid came with her; she kneels to check that she's all right, and then helps her back to her feet and to where the dumpster will hide them from the busier street.

She sits, reorienting herself, for a few minutes, and then slips into meditation: where are they?

Permalink

They are in: a city.

It's a busy, bustling city. There's an ocean to her left, and buildings and people and vehicles to her right. Only humans around, though, and the tech level is - not what she's used to.

Permalink

Weird.

She tells the droid to follow her and goes to look at the less busy street.

Permalink

The less busy street is the one nearer to the ocean. The sidewalk across it from her, though, is made of wood, lots of shops and restaurants and other businesses lined up along it. There are also a few benches and small plazas with places for people to sit and chat and enjoy the late afternoon sun. There's enough space between the shops to enjoy the sight of the sea, too, and even go visit the beach if one feels like it.

Permalink

She observes long enough to determine the local customs for crossing the street, and sets off toward an empty bench.

Permalink

People give her some of a wide berth when they notice the robot following her.

Permalink

That sure is a thing. She tells the droid to stay close and changes course slightly, making her way to a plaza that offers a little more privacy.

Permalink

Some people point little rectangular devices at her.

One of them flashes.

Permalink

She twitches and glares at the offender, reflexively deploying an aura of doom.

Permalink

The person takes two hurried steps back and falls on his butt, dropping his device. Lots of other people react, too, and one car swerves away from her.

Permalink

 

She fades the aura back out - let's not start a stampede in a strange city - and continues on her way.

Permalink

People do not point their devices at her anymore. They also maintain a healthy distance.

Permalink

Good. And soon she's at the plaza, where a group of concrete benches offer a place where she can lie down without being visible from the street. She does that, settling in with her head on the droid's lap.

Permalink

After a few minutes some people start being okayer with walking by closer to her.

Permalink

This won't bother her enough to stop her from going to sleep. Unless they're hostile, that is.

Permalink

Devices pointed at her but not doing anything visible hostile?

Permalink

Doesn't wake her. The robot is definitely watching, though.

Permalink

This seems to be it for the next few minutes. People talk to each other, sometimes obviously about her and/or the robot, and sometimes talk into their devices.

Permalink

The pair seems to be content to stay where they are, even with the attention.

Permalink

After a bit someone starts paying more intent attention to them.

Permalink

The droid pats the woman's shoulder, gently; she grumbles, then stiffens and looks up.

Permalink

The armored man walks up to her but doesn't get close enough that his halberd could reach her. He isn't afraid, but he's ready for a fight. He asks something in the same language the other people around are speaking.

Permalink

The robot responds, asking a question, in a language he'll find no more familiar. Meanwhile, the woman sits up: casually, not deferentially, but without making any sudden movements or making any attempt to hide her hands.

Permalink

The man looks at them curiously then asks something else.

Total: 289
Posts Per Page: