Sep 26, 2022 1:20 AM
Ellie and Thario in MO
Permalink

Life as a Sith apprentice isn't that different from life as a Sith acolyte, so far. Kaas is rainier than Korriban was. There are fewer overseers around, but more actual Sith Lords. It all balances out, Elleira supposes. At least Zash hasn't directly tried to have her killed. Yet. Sending her to the archive to pick up a few specific historical works is not suspicious, Zash has had her do it before.

She navigates to the appropriate section confidently and begins browsing, keeping mental tabs on the locations of the other Sith in the area. No one's close enough to worry about. As she slowly walks down an aisle, a display catches her eye. She hadn't noticed this particular artifact before. As she moves to get a closer look, something odd glints for the barest fraction of a second in the glass, and she experiences a sudden moment of vertigo. She shakes her head to clear it, then starts in alarm. She can't feel the presence of anyone else anymore.

She goes into high alert mode, hand hovering over her lightsaber. She can't hear anything. No rustles, no footsteps. She reaches out to try to find the people again-

Total: 2208
Posts Per Page:
Permalink

It doesn't seem there's anybody around! At all. Anywhere. In her range, there are precisely zero people.

Permalink

What.


Is someone blocking her? No, she can still feel herself, and when she yanks a book off the shelf, it falls to the ground with a satisfying thud. What the hell is going on. She takes a second look at the artifact on display. It is completely unremarkable, a standard Second Era Vossik piece.

She makes her way to the entrance, senses stretched to their limits, alert for any hint of danger or clue as to what the fuck just happened.

Permalink

There doesn't actually seem to be any danger, no! But when she gets to the entrance, it's probably not what she was expecting on the other side.

There wasn't a forest there before, was there? It's rather green. Also brown. There's some purple and red in there, too, and the trees are quite tall.

No noises come from it, though, so it seems like there isn't much wildlife, at least here.

Permalink

What the fuck


It's not raining. Why is it not raining. This is not Kaas City. This is probably not Dromund Kaas, either, those trees don't look at familiar. Where is she?

Permalink

The forest doesn't actually have an answer for her! Well, unless rustling leaves counts.

Does she have an inclination to look upwards upon leaving the building, assuming she does so?

Permalink

Of course she does. Always check your corners, especially in situations as suddenly unexpected as this.

Permalink

The sky: is blue!

No sun in sight, not that she has much viewing angle from where she is.

Over to the left: it appears there is more forest. Over to the right: a small hut. A wooden hut.

Permalink

Yeah, definitely not on Dromund Kaas anymore.

Can she sense anyone in the hut?

Permalink

She cannot! She still can't sense anybody around. The whole place seems quite deserted.

Permalink

Has she mentioned this is really fucking strange? Because this is really fucking strange.

In the absence of any better ideas, she heads over to check out the hut.

Permalink

This is definitely very strange.

The hut: has a door. It is slightly ajar. Would she like to go in?

Permalink

Unless her danger sense has anything to say about it, she pushes the door all the way open with the Force.

Permalink

Nope! No danger from inside the hut, apparently. At least, not from just opening the door.

She can see a wall of the hut – still wooden – and also a small table near the door. There probably isn't much more inside the hut, seeing as it's relatively small, but who knows? There might be something interesting behind the door.

Permalink

Maybe. Inside she goes, then, and looks around.

Permalink

There is in fact not really anything interesting behind the door, unless a shiny metal coffee table counts. It's somewhat out of place for the wooden hut.

It has a book on it, which is left open to an empty page.

Permalink

Is there writing on any of the other pages?

Permalink

There's some writing on the first few pages! It seems to be a list of words, ranked (possibly?) in order of frequency they might appear in spoken language. Near the top are the obvious common words – articles in speech, common conjunctions, that sort of thing. They are in fact in a language she can read.

The list cuts out after three pages, though. Halfway through a word.

Rather mysterious.

Permalink

That's one word for it, yeah.

Any writing implements around? The word doesn't trail off in a sort of ominous scrawl next to a suspicious stain, does it?

Permalink

There aren't any writing implements around, actually. There's a hammer, but it's not really clear how one might write with such an implement.

She might notice that an animal enters at the edge of her range! It seems to be slowly meandering around, if she can tell such a thing.

Permalink

Well that's new and interesting. Predators usually differ from prey in a couple specific affects, can she tell which it is?

Permalink

It seems like it's probably prey? It's unlikely to eat any animals, at least. Definitely seems like a herbivore.

Permalink

Off to see the probably-herbivorous prey animal, then. Not like she has anything better to do. Maybe she'll recognize it and get a hint as to where the fuck she is.

She slips the book into her pouch before she leaves. It is, after all, a book, albeit an odd one.

Permalink

The book doesn't do anything to prevent her from doing that.

The probably-herbivorous prey animal is, surprisingly enough, inside the forest. It seems quite dark in there, although rather colorful where the light does manage to hit bits of it.

The animal is quite far away, though.

Permalink

Elleira is no wilderness expert, but she can call upon the Force to move with a fair bit of speed and stealth.

She does not have any aesthetic opinions about the colors or lack thereof.

Permalink

The colors will keep on being visible while she continues into the forest. It gets quite dark, but she can still see around and nothing triggers her danger sense.

When she gets relatively close to the animal, she might notice it startle. It also seems to be alone, and it starts scurrying away from her.

Total: 2208
Posts Per Page: