Jul 06, 2022 9:31 PM
ellie sedai meets the dragon and friends
Next Post »
« Previous Post
+ Show First Post
Total: 466
Posts Per Page:
Permalink

...He does so. 

"How did you know it's poisoned?"

Permalink

"It is called Delving. A weave of the One Power."

Permalink

" - Are you an Aes Sedai?" Liland reaches the bottom of the stairs and starts gently drawing his father up them. 

Permalink

Tight nod. 

"Thank you. For helping."

Permalink

"I could hardly not."

"You are the al'Thors, are you not? Liland?"

Permalink

"Yeah. This's my dad. Tam."

(Liland had grabbed Tam's sword when leaving, too. It was a very good stick for keeping his father straight on the travois. He gets them to the top of the stairs, into a room, and begins untying his father, setting the sheathed sword aside as he does so.)

Permalink

"You were not in the village. What happened?"

Permalink

"...Our farm was attacked by monsters. Dad fought them. I - tried to help, but I couldn't do much, so I hid and - came back, when they left."

Permalink

"Trollocs only? The beast-headed men."

Permalink

" - I think so. Or - that's all I saw. They were - really dumb and didn't have any leaders or anything, like one of them tripped into another and then they just started fighting each other."

Permalink

"How many?"

Permalink

"It looked like a lot - somewhere between a dozen and a dozen and a half?"

Permalink

"That makes a full fist at least, Eloise," he says to the Aes Sedai.

Permalink

"I know, Lan," she responds as she moves over to Tam's bedside.

Permalink

He gets out of her way, though he still hovers near the bed. 

"What does that mean?"

Permalink

"It means we cannot stay here. The halfman did not show itself, so it will eventually regroup the survivors. And one fist, passing unseen this far from the Borderlands? I do not believe it. There will be more; the Shadow did not spend this effort on so paltry a force."

Permalink

"What are they even here for?"

Permalink

"You, sheepherder. Or one of your friends."

Permalink

"What? Why?"

Permalink

"Because you may be a threat. A moment of quiet, please, I need to concentrate."

Permalink

He backs off.

Permalink

She kneels by the bedside and-

-doesn't appear to do anything. But Tam's wound becomes less blackened and rotted around the edges, and even begins to close a little. His breath evens out, and he drops off into sleep.

Eloise is a little unsteady, standing up.

Permalink

Lan catches her by the elbow and helps her stand.

Permalink

"Can I help?" He edges closer to his dad. 

Total: 466
Posts Per Page: