Aug 13, 2022 2:11 PM
ellie sedai meets the dragon and friends
Next Post »
« Previous Post
+ Show First Post
Total: 466
Posts Per Page:
Permalink

"So." He nods. "I hope I won't need it, but better safe than sorry, eh?"

Permalink

Nod. "Should we close the shutters and all, too?"

Permalink

"Good thinking, lad."

Permalink

He goes to do that - and secures and locks the back door, too. They can use the main door if they need to check on the animals or something 

Permalink

There's enough to keep them occupied inside- mending, dinner, perhaps some time with one of the books on the shelf.

 

But their dinner is interrupted by a heavy knock on the door.

Permalink

- There is no good reason for someone to be out here - 

Liland stands, picks up his bow - glances at his father - 

Permalink

Tam nods at Liland, reaches for his sword-

 

-Then the door explodes inwards in a shower of splinters and a bestial hulking fur-covered monster forces its way into the house.

Permalink

Aaaaaah what. 

This is not a good environment to use his bow in! Liland will instead throw an iron kettle at the what the fuck is that. 

Permalink

It roars and bats the kettle aside like it's made of paper instead of iron.

"Run, lad!" Tam shouts, unsheathing the sword and charging into the boar-headed abomination's path, ducking under it's backswing and drawing a line of blood up it's side. "Run!"

Permalink

- His dad knows how to fight - but - 

- Liland will be more useful not in the house, not enclosed like this - if he can get up high and shoot the monster - if he's not distracting his dad - 

Liland thinks very quickly. 

And he runs. (He tries to find the flame and the void within him, tries to figure out - frantically, furiously - how to help his father - )

Permalink

Two of the shuttered windows are forced open and more horrible monsters attempt to squeeze their way in to the house. Their guttural war cries are enough to send shivers up the spine, if the spine wasn't so distracted by running. These ones have long poky weapons, so Lilands got to worry about dodging the sharp edges on his way out of the house.

Permalink

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

(He hates being helpless, more than anything - )

Permalink

It seems like the back of the house is clear, if he can get there, if he can get the door unbarred-

Permalink

- He doesn't want to leave his dad more vulnerable to enemies from behind. 

He can get up to the loft, though, and shoot from up there - make his way to one of the attic vents if the monsters start climbing up - 

Permalink

Which they do, very quickly.

Permalink

Out onto the roof it is - 

Permalink

There were five or six of the monsters in the house, and it looks like there's another ten or twelve surrounding it. The couple who chased him up start shoving their weapons up and through the roof.

Permalink

He drops low over one of the beams - tries to figure out if any of the monsters on the ground have noticed him yet, if there's any safe gaps - but he's moving quickly and doesn't have time to aim much.

Permalink

He can probably drop down the side and get away, if he's quick.

Permalink

He is.

Permalink

The woods are looking pretty inviting, in terms of somewhere to hide and catch his breath.

Permalink

Sounds - better than the alternatives. 

Permalink

As he retreats, some of the monsters break off from menacing the house to start causing destruction elsewhere. Breaking fences, slaughtering sheep, killing the chickens- And those two look like they're about to set fire to the barn.

Permalink

Rage floods through him - this is his home, his father, and he's helpless to save them - his father had said violence only begets violence but they didn't start this - his mind is nothing but the void and the flame within it and a desire that those bastards fall on their own weapons, that the fire in their hands burns them instead - 

Permalink

The flickering flame at the head of the torch seems to leap out as its wielder rises unsteadily, catching the other's mane alight. It bellows in rage and swipes a blow at the offender, but its weapon slips out of its hand and goes flying to clip yet another monster- And then at least half the group are fighting each other, destruction of the farm forgotten.

Total: 466
Posts Per Page: