Oct 22, 2021 12:10 AM
« Previous Post
+ Show First Post
Total: 195
Posts Per Page:
Permalink

"I am sorry you're in a family of arsonists."

Permalink

"Are you. Are you really. You realize we are all flammable, except possibly Aurene."

Permalink

"Nah. You're the weird one here," says Blair, cheerily. "Shall we go, or should we be responsible and make sure it doesn't cause the forest to burn down?"

Permalink

"I would like to be responsible, thank you," sighs Yvette.

Permalink

"On this one I think I agree with her."

Permalink

And so they responsibly wait for it to finish burning! The forest does not burn down. Hooray.

Permalink

And thus: Canda-wards!

The start of the voyage is uneventful: they run north, they avoid settlements and people, they throw Aurene at birds, the usual. She gives opinions about where in particular to go, and it's not like they have an extremely specific destination in mind other than "Canada-wards, away from people".

But the farther they travel the more specific those instructions become; they must go in that direction exactly, it's okay if they stop for now but when they resume they need to go that way. They'll have to go around that town there, and that's also fine, so long as they tour back to that other specific direction and then keep going.

"Sweetheart," James asks after a bit of this, "what exactly is it you're leading us towards?"

Permalink

"Mmm. Best spot. And pretty!!"

Permalink

"Best spot for what, Auri?"

Permalink

"Best for nice pictures, silly!"

Permalink

"Pictures as in the ones in your head? Can you show us?"

Permalink

"Yes! And I could!" Pause.

But she doesn't.

Permalink

...James raises an eyebrow. "Are you going to?"

Permalink

"No."

Permalink

"Uh. Why not, sweetheart?"

Permalink

"Bad."

Permalink

"So... the pictures are nice, but they're not as nice if we see them in advance?"

Permalink

"Yeh!"

Permalink

"...I am not going to question it," he says after a beat, shrugging.

Permalink

"Checks out," agrees Blair.

Permalink

"You're very sure it's good for all of us?" confirms Yvette, a little nervously.

Permalink

"Best!" Aurene confirms, bouncing in her father's arms. He's the one carrying her, this time.

Permalink

".... Okay."

Permalink

He laughs and kisses the top of her head. Onwards, then.

Permalink

Onwards! To the... best picture. Apparently.

Total: 195
Posts Per Page: