This post has the following content warnings:
Oct 16, 2021 2:39 PM
The Worst Genin Team, take 2
Next Post »
+ Show First Post
Total: 3408
Posts Per Page:
Permalink

She hums, thinks, and finds the first thing she can try to set on fire - a bit of cloth from a tapestry, which seems to want to just smolder rather than catch fire... Until Amajina scowls and forces more chakra into it, causing a large whoosh of fire. 

Permalink

She laughs. 

"Yeah! Now for the rest."

Permalink

And off they go, burning Amajina's former home down.

Permalink

She has some trouble with the fire technique - she's being stubborn, but it's not her affinity, and it keeps trying to escape her - mostly swinging wildly between too little and too much. Fortunately, she has chakra to burn, and they are in fact trying to set everything on fire. 

More than that, though, she's having fun.

Permalink

Elaise tries to offer some tips as they go. She doesn't use elemental jutsu that often, so her insight is a bit limited.

But as long as Amajina's having fun with it, they're probably doing okay.

Permalink

They seem to be. And Elaise's tips do help, at least a little bit. 

Permalink

Hopefully she hasn't forgotten her water jutsu by the time they jump in the sea to escape.

Permalink

No chance of that! Those are engraved on her bones, she's pretty sure. 

Permalink

Good place to keep something safe.

Permalink

For Amajina, at least - if Elaise engraved something on her bones while they were in her body, then used that bone for something with that bone throwing technique, would the engraving still be there after? 

Permalink

She grows new bones to use with that technique, not existing ones.

Permalink

"Oh, cool! But that means using them to send messages might be complicated," she teases. 

Permalink

"Would have to carve them as I go."

Permalink

"So an exercise in control, then."

Permalink

"Things powerful shinobi are supposed to have in abundance."

Permalink

"You're super strong, so shouldn't be too much of an issue for you," she teases. 

Permalink

Grin. 

And she steps into the water. "Though right now, I think it's my turn to show off."

Permalink

Elaise hops in. "Take us away."

Permalink

Laugh! And zoom. 

Without a need to take a compound of shinobi by surprise - and with an urge to show off - Amajina goes all out on speed, racing them down the coast, skipping out into open ocean when the island curves inward, washing past fragmented chains of tiny islands, then washing up onto the shore of an island a good ways to the south - what would've been well over a day's journey on foot and canoe. "The port's just a bit farther down," she says, "But navigating around boats can be a pain, and I wanted lunch anyways."

Permalink

"Going to catch something for us?"

Permalink

"If you'd like."

Total: 3408
Posts Per Page: