This post has the following content warnings:
Sep 22, 2021 4:42 PM
The Worst Genin Team, take 2
Next Post »
« Previous Post
+ Show First Post
Total: 2533
Posts Per Page:
Permalink

"Very, very fun. Are you going to be the cliff or the tsunami?"

Permalink

"Tsunami. You'll be able to hold better than me."

Permalink

"Fair enough. And anyone who doesn't know what's going on will try to evacuate out toward the sea - and I can pretend to let people through, then catch them in the water."

Permalink

Nod. "If you see any big cats, avoid hurting them. They'll be on our side."

Permalink

Serious nod. "No one in my clan works with cats, so, won't be likely to get confused."

Permalink

"Good. Then let's move."

Permalink

She hops to her feet. "I can move us both in the water; it's far enough I think that'll be better, so you're not having to spend energy running there? And so they won't see you coming even from very far."

Permalink

Sharp grin, and she back flips off the promontory and onto the ocean's surface. "Let's go, then."

Permalink

Elaise follows her down, bouncing off the cliff twice to land on the water.

Permalink

And water curls around them both, sweeping them north up the coast, skimming past whirlpools and jagged rocks - towards some rather impressive cliffs jutting high above the others, slopes sheer and wet in a way that'd tired out most weaker shinobi. Amajina takes them underwater as they approach, to a thin slice carved into the stone by eons of waves - up through that, to a small cave, the landing along its edge rough and pitted. It's pitch dark inside, and sounds fall flat and strange.

"There's a tunnel up from here," Amajina says, "The parts that're tall enough for you aren't very branchy, and a bit back I marked the turns towards my room with some seashells - I use this to sneak in and out of my rooms, which're pretty near the surface."

Permalink

"All right. Give me fifteen minutes to set up, then start causing a ruckus if I haven't."

Permalink

"Can do," she says, sounding very amused - and then she steps back into the water, silently.

Permalink

Elaise starts stealthily moving up the passages, aiming for the surface exits while avoiding meeting anyone.

Permalink

She's able to successfully reach the main one, though she has a close call when someone passes near her - apparently without perceiving her, though. She gets a decent sense of the people in the path she's walking, too, and the compound isn't exceptionally wide - more long, funneling straight into the stone, cutting down stair cases with no official side paths until it reaches the base, providing a very convenient kill corridor for anyone who manages to fortify in a side room. Amajina's room is on the top floor, though, and her secret paths (while sometimes very tiny to squeeze through) might allow Elaise to bypass the kill corridor coming down (assuming she doesn't just walk through murdering everyone). 

Permalink

She starts setting up a barricade net, layers of bone anchored into the rock top and bottom, no gaps to slip through. Assuming that gets done with no interruptions, she'll make for the other entrance to prepare for the run down.

Permalink

She can get through it as long as she's quiet - which, she is, though it seems the other entrance has more people near it.

Permalink

She pricks her thumb and summons Mas.

Permalink

Who appears in a subtle swirl of mist, looking around with interest, ears pricked - and then they send a considering look Elaise's way. 

Permalink

"There's a jinchuuriki at the bottom of this cave," she says quietly. "She wants everyone here dead. I'm helping. Starting at the top and pushing down to her. You in?"

Permalink

Their tail lashes in what Elaise is pretty sure means anticipatory pleasure, as they stretch their muscles, turning their ears to track the shinobi nearby.

And - they nod. 

Permalink

"All right." She extrudes armor for her core and pushes out two long daggers into her hands.

"Let's begin."

Permalink

Mas flexes -

And they're off, tearing into the first shinobi they reach, ripping his gut open - swerve to the other, who's trying to get a weapon up -

(Most of these shinobi aren't much more than bandits with an arrogance problem. A Hidden Village would probably judge them to be genin level, on average.)

(Not too unusual out here. This sort of life is bad for people's development.)

Permalink

Makes one wonder how they trapped a bijuu. But she'll deal with that later, when the blood has stopped flowing down to the sea.

Permalink

She hits actual resistance eventually, of course, shinobi who can give her serious challenge, who can injure her, who get fortified within the kill corridor and have to be dragged out or murdered within their guard rooms -

But it seems the bloody sea had drawn a lot of the actually skilled fighters. The jinchuuriki is covered in blood - probably not entirely her own - and breathing hard, water lashing furiously around her as she flings herself, snarling, at one of her older family members, a nearly elderly man who's trying to get into position to get a seal on her. There's others harassing her, mostly with longer weapons, a few of the tips bloody.

Total: 2533
Posts Per Page: