This post has the following content warnings:
May 18, 2021 3:37 AM
Gabe and Henry are exploring Outer Wilds
+ Show First Post
Total: 206
Posts Per Page:
Permalink

They take the fast path to the launch tower at a run.

Permalink

"In a rush are you?" Slate asks when they arrive. 

Permalink

With barely a pause, Heli grabs Slate and pulls him along to the elevator.

Permalink

Slate grumbles a bit but is grabbable. "An emergency then? Something to do with the weird color of the sun?"

Entering the code goes fast and the elevator zooms up. Their spaceship awaits.

Permalink

"Supernovas... everywhere and our sun is expanding. We are trying to find a way to evacuate..."

Permalink

"How can I help?"

There's two seats in the spaceship though with the grav crystal people should be able to manage even when they aren't strapped down, at least so long as they don't crash.

Once they're strapped in does Heli aim for Brittle Hollow or The Ember Twin?

Permalink

Heli aims for Brittle Hollow, putting him away from the sun, if that's at all possible. "I-I don't know. We need to get people away from the thing."

Permalink

After liftoff, Slate speaks "Let me take the controls for a minute, you two should get your suits on I reckon. I can't get out of the ship without one. As for how we can get away... I don't rightly know. Seems like a long shot hoping we can get this bit of Nomai tech working when we never have before but I'll help however I can."

Permalink

"Yes..." He starts saying, but honestly he is not sure, and having a task to do helps. So they go on getting their suits.

Permalink

Brittle Hollow is falling apart.

"Well, would you look at that. Wonder if that's related somehow." If they look out the cockpit window they'll see that large chunks of Brittle Hollow's surface have fallen into the black hole at it's center. Slate sets them down next to the gravity catapult. "There's a bit of a drop to get to what we think are the controls but you should be able to manage with your jetpacks, it'll be a lot faster than taking the stairs."

Permalink

"At least we trained..." Heli says, trying to understand the magnitude of the situation.

Permalink

Gabe guides him by the shoulder to their way.

Permalink

It's a bit of a jump but they can make it down to the controls platform though it might be a bit of a rough landing.

Shuttle controls.

There are three bits of Nomai text waiting to try their translator on. Two next to the mech cage thing and one ring floating off to the side. There's also the wire mesh itself which can be investigated.

Permalink

...Might as well get some use of the translator.

Permalink

The ring says: The shuttle is currently resting at the Quantum Moon.

The text on the right says: Activate the gravity cannon

The text on the left says: Call the shuttle home

If Heli glances at the sphere at the base of the wire mesh structure it lights up with purple light.

Permalink

Heli will call the shuttle home and communicate his findings to Slate, while investigating the mesh more closely.

Permalink

Experimenting with the sphere reveals that it moves around the mesh cage following Helix's gaze. If it moves all the way up on the right a Nomai spaceship is warped back onto the platform using the same mechanism as Hearthian Little Scouts just in a larger scale. It has a gravity lift.

Shuttle Recalled

Permalink

Heli reports this. "Maybe we can use it to escape?" He tries to figure out how far the thing might go.

Permalink

"Maybe, I suppose that depends what it looks like on the inside."

There isn't a good way to estimate the speed the shuttle will be launched at without launching it with a little scout or a person inside it to track it's position.

Permalink

He and Gabe try to investigate the interior.

Permalink

A quick jetpack jump takes them to the shuttle's Grav lift and then into the interior. There's what seems to be a control console at the front of a very spacious interior. The shuttle has breathable air inside and there's a scroll of Nomai text which probably isn't urgent but might make for interesting reading if they're stuck there for a while.

Shuttle Interior

Permalink

"I think we can squeeze ten people here?" He reports to slate.

Permalink

"It would be a real squeeze." Gabe uses the translator on the Nomai writings, because... why not?

Permalink

"Well if it can hold ten people at all that's a lot better than our ships."

Permalink

Gabe can at least start reading the text. Is Gabe reading it out loud?

Total: 206
Posts Per Page: