Jul 04, 2020 10:16 AM
Occlus meets a redeemed Darth Vader
Next Post »
« Previous Post
+ Show First Post
Total: 901
Posts Per Page:
Permalink

"Very well. Then we have an accord."

Permalink

She nods.

"Do you want to take anything from here, before we leave the planet?"

Dropping out of conversation will also give her time to contact Luke...

Permalink

"This cache is a decoy. There is nothing of value, besides myself."

Permalink

"Smart."

"My ship's nearby, then."

Permalink

"Lead the way."

Occlus pulls her Force presence in, contracting it into a cold, tight ball. Her sheer weight is less noticeable, unless you look straight at her. It's almost like Elesse's, but harder, more sharp edges.

Permalink

Ani can almost forget she's not leading her teacher somewhere - perhaps rescued, sharpened by time - when she looks away from Occlus.

Almost.

Her ship is, fortunately, big enough for two, rather than the tiny X-wing Luke likes to hare around the galaxy in. It's nothing grand, though. A humble ship for a supposedly humble person, though rumors she's a Jedi Master have started spreading despite Luke's best misdirection.

The contradiction is almost laughable.

Permalink

Occlus has no complaints about the ship. Hers was roomier, but it is long gone now.

Permalink

She gets them into space, then on target for Coruscant - and into hyperspace.

"I'm going to mediate for a bit," she tells Occlus.

Permalink

"As you like."

Permalink

She retreats a bit, into a side room. It's a converted storage room, but - good enough.

She starts by bleeding off her desire to break down crying into the Force.

She'd like to drift some, but...

'Luke?'

Permalink

Luke is currently in the middle of a somewhat tense moment.

'Uh, busy - '

He sends her a flash of the seven grey aliens he's currently facing off with, mostly on accident - not a species he recognizes.

Permalink

' - Noghri. They're loyal to Vader - '

Permalink

A wordless sense of thanks, a vague concept he should be able to invoke that...

Permalink

'Be careful.'

She withdraws from him, to not distract him.

...Well.

Hopefully he'll think to contact her when things are less - emergency shaped. (She's worried about Leia, too...)

She tries to meditate for a bit, but her rhythm's broken, and Luke doesn't get back to her in the next hour.

She gives up, and wanders back into the main areas of the ship.

Permalink

Occlus is sitting cross-legged on the couch, eyes closed.

Permalink

...She's - not going to bother her.

Ani -

It's easier to think, somehow, closer to Occlus. Probably because her mind's stupid.

Ani doesn't start meditating properly, but does unfocus her eyes a bit as she checks on the ship, drifting off into the Force some.

Permalink

She gets flashes of a time not her own-

-a jungle world, dark and rainy. A grim citadel lurks on the edge of a mountain-

-Lightsabers clash, red on red-

-A ghostly purple figure-

-On rust-red sands, a girl spills blood and does not blink-

Permalink

She lets the visions float by - doesn't pursue them. Ani's not sure how to get the Force to - shut up, really - but...

She suspects pursuing Occlus's - history? - too far might anger the woman.

She does, after a bit, get a tap from Luke, so she focuses her mind on him, pushing whatever the Force is trying to tell her away. The present, not the past, and - 

Her own past is currently trying to interfere with her present.

She might have to speak to the Noghri herself...

And she will have to investigate Thrawn, the Grand Admiral she'd redirected the Noghri's loyalty to. He will likely be a threat to the New Republic...

She doesn't let Luke lean on her too much, but does offer him as much information as he needs. He lets filter back that he hasn't let on Ani's survival to them - but he's gotten Leia roped in, and one of them will meet a Noghri representative soon.

Once Luke disengages from the Noghri, Ani updates him about Occlus, and her own - possible emotional compromise. 

Permalink

'I'd like to meet her - especially if you like her.'

His voice is a bit teasing.

Permalink

Exasperating boy.

'I don't know about that last bit. But you can meet her. I'll need help, anyways, with getting her access to some things. Rumors I'm a Jedi Master you found in a dumpster can only carry me so far.'

Permalink

'We're heading back to Coruscant soon, anyways. Leia wants to finish negotiations first, but - doesn't think that'll take long, and Han's antsy.'

Permalink

She pushes fondness at him, and 'See you then.'

She's in a relatively good mood when she turns her attention back to the ship, the Force actually around her, and Occlus.

Permalink

"Good talk?"

Permalink

She nods, humming a bit.

"More or less."

Permalink

"I would like to know more about the state of the galaxy, if you don't mind. Major political factions, general disposition of the remaining Force users."

Total: 901
Posts Per Page: