Oct 01, 2020 3:39 PM
Raafi finds something strange
+ Show First Post
Total: 133
Posts Per Page:
Permalink

Curious trill, and the tendrils begin weaving properly towards him, some coiling about his feet.

Permalink

"Gently, please. Can you read?" He turns the notepad with its list of traveling supplies around to face the main bulk of the creature.

Permalink

Ripple, meaning 'No.'

The coils move more tenderly, though.

Permalink

"All right." He reads it off, slowly - food and water and supplies for hunting and cooking, including something to start a campfire with; tent supplies, which prompts a digression into climate in general; sleeping gear; first aid supplies; navigation tools...

Permalink

Water [approving noise]. Fire [confused alarmed noise]. Sunlight [happy trill]. Navigation and sleep and first aid all sound confusing, and hunting sounds pretty alarming, but not as alarming as fire.

Permalink

"Okay." Pat pat. "Fire is pretty important for humans. We're pretty good at keeping it where it belongs, but it's okay if it bothers you anyway - would it be okay to be around people who used fire, if they were careful, or should I find you someplace where they don't?"

Permalink

Rustling noise, then. "okay".

Permalink

"All right. That'll make it easier. Did that cover what you need that you're not getting here - sunlight and water?"

Permalink

Unsure trill, and a ripple.

Permalink

"All right. Is it that you're not sure if that's everything or not, or that there's something else but you're not sure it's important, or something else?"

Permalink

"everything or not"

Permalink

"All right, that's okay. I think what I'd like to do is bring you to stay with my friend Everia, who runs a druid circle, for a little while. They live outdoors and in caves, and don't use very much fire, and there's a lake, and she's used to working with people who don't talk very much, and she can call me to come help again if you have a problem that she can't help with. And if you get along with everyone she'll probably let you stay, and if you don't, or if there's another problem, I can find you someplace else. Does that sound all right?"

Permalink

Happy trill!

Permalink

"Okay. I should go up and let them know what we're doing, and then I can teleport us there. It shouldn't take long at all." He shifts his weight a little to get free of the tentacles at his feet.

Permalink

Sad trill, but the being recedes.

Permalink

He gives the tentacle around his hand one more pat before pulling away to go upstairs.

"I'm fine," he reports to the farmers. "I'm not sure what they are; some kind of plant monster, maybe. I'm going to teleport us out to my druid friend, it seems like they'll be happier there."

Permalink

"Thank you so much for the help!" the farmer says. "And yeah, plant creatures do seem like a druid sort of thing."

Permalink

"Mmhmm. We should be gone within fifteen minutes or so. Good luck with your harvest." He heads back down. "I want to send a message to my friend to let her know we're coming, is that all right? It'll just take a couple of minutes, I can do it right here."

Permalink

Curious chirp, and "all right?"

Permalink

"All right." He comes a little closer and sits crosslegged on the floor. "I'm a cleric of Fharlanghn, the god of travel, and he gives me spells every day. And since I travel so much, I have friends all over the place that I might want to talk to, so I get a spell for it a lot. I'm going to need to chant for a few minutes and move my hands around to cast it," he makes a demonstrative gesture, "and then I'll be able to talk to her for a few seconds, and when I'm done she can tell me something, too, if it would be a bad idea for us to go right now or something. But I don't think it will be, I just don't want to surprise her."

Permalink

Happy hum, and the tendrils bob up and down.

Permalink

And so he does; the chanting and gesturing take about ten minutes. "Everia? It's Raafi. Found what I think is a lost plant creature, can you host them? I'm prepared to teleport now." A pause, and then he nods. "We can go. I just need to chant for a second for this one." He pats a tentacle again. "I'll put us by the lake, but it'd be polite for you to stay with me until I can introduce you."

Permalink

"introduce - me" - happy trill.

Permalink

"Mmhmm. Do you have a name, by the way? It's fine if you don't, you can pick something later."

Permalink

It makes a noise, like leaves crunching and wind blowing, and ripples an orange-red-yellow like autumn leaves.

Total: 133
Posts Per Page: