This post has the following content warnings:
Jan 27, 2020 6:56 AM
Pradnakt meets Alek
Next Post »
+ Show First Post
Total: 339
Posts Per Page:
Permalink

...About half-way through her recital, he loses his grip on the Force technique. The sudden surge of exhaustion sends him falling straight into unconsciousness. 

Permalink

She finishes treating the wound, gets a blanket down for him, and heads back to the loading bay to look for Isk.

    "You all right, Love?"

"Mmhmm. Just looking for the mech, and then we can go."

    "All right. What happened?" She's calmer now, curious.

"My friend, Nine - his owner wasn't treating him very well. And the boy overheard, and killed him."

    "All right. And the injury?"

"Nine's a battle droid. B2 line."

   "...and?"

She comes to the bay. "One moment, ma'am."

Permalink

She will find both mech and speeder inside the bay, the former just detaching from the latter. 

"Secure," they tell her, "Anything else? What is wrong with this one?" They nudge the cart with their arm, "Restraining bolt?" 

Permalink

"I think so. His owner liked to order him around instead of wiping him, and then when Alek killed his owner and he had to shoot him -"

There's a pained noise over the radio.

Permalink

Agitated whirr! 

But they calm again pretty quickly. 

"Idiot Not-Jedi is usually right when he says someone deserved to die," they comment. "Even if he is wrong about everything else." 

Permalink

She nods. "My Sith would have killed him as soon as she found out, yes, he only sped it up a little. Can you pilot the ship?"

Permalink

They swivel their dome to check the radio - it's still on. Interesting. 

"Yes," they reply, "Coordinates?" They turn to lead the other droid to the cockpit. 

Permalink

She gives them; it's about on the edge of what could be reasonably considered 'nearby', four hours by speeder, perhaps fifteen minutes for the shuttle.

Permalink

They attach themself to the port in the cockpit and begin lift-off procedures. Once they're in the air, they guide the ship in the right direction. 

Asking about the lightsaber scarring would likely be pointless while she has an open radio connection with the Sith. Still, that's not all they could ask about. 

"Expectations? Rules? Dangers?" They ask the droid and the Sith on the radio.

Permalink

    "It's just the two of us, and Lord Pradnakt is only dangerous when she's doing her 'saber forms, or if she's provoked; you should be fine. I don't think she's expecting much - ma'am?"

"Nothing that should come as much of a surprise, no. I'll want to meet him before I decide anything, though."

    "He's, ah - wearing his 'saber where he can't draw it. Ma'am."

"-ah. I might not want him in the house unsupervised, then. But there's not much damage he can do out here aside from that."

Permalink

"Sometimes he wrecks things. Not me. The furniture. Surroundings. Himself. We are usually on a planet when it happens. He leaves, he comes back with burns and cuts. Idiot Not-Jedi."

He is very concerning! None of Isk's other Jedi were like this, though they were idiots in other ways. 

Permalink

    "She doesn't know droidspeak," Daisy explains, and then translates.

"Better than I was doing, at least, but I'll still want to see how he is first," she muses. "We can get you a vocoder, by the way, if you're here that long. If you want one, of course."

Permalink

Isk considers this. They don't like strange people rummaging through their parts. But a vocoder would be useful, and Alek could do it, with detailed enough instructions. 

"Maybe," they temporize. 

Permalink

 

"All right. Let me know if you decide you want one, I don't want to pester you."

Permalink

They whistle an affirmative. 

Shortly, the ship lands at the coordinates they were given.

"Here," they tell the protocol droid and the Sith. 

They lower the ramp from the cockpit, and then make their way back to Alek. 

Permalink

The pair's home is a trio of buildings made of plain adobe with corrugated metal roofs - a small barn with a pen attached, a larger garage, and the main house, small enough to suggest that it only has two or three rooms inside and with a small wooden platform built onto the roof. A vegetable garden takes up most of the space between the house and the barn, and the area in front of the house is clear except for a twisting metal sculpture and a small circle of stones with a burned-down log in the middle and a couple of larger rocks nearby for seats.

The Sith comes out to meet them - a tall woman with long brown hair, wearing a casual black outfit with red crosshatching embroidered on the sleeves and around the waist. She boards, and joins them at the door to his room. "I want you to go in, Love, it won't be good for anyone if he panics and you're in the way of it."

    "Yes ma'am."

"-don't," she sighs. "If he has a problem with that we need to know about it."

    "...all right."

"Is there anything I should know before she leaves?" Pradnakt asks Isk.

Permalink

They watch her cautiously as she boards, taking in this short exchange. They are curious what it is that they need to know how he feels about. 

"Problem with what?" They ask. They might be able to shed light on the topic. 

"If he panics he will want out so he can not hurt others," they add. "Maybe he will attack you, though. He might feel cornered just due to your presence." Given that she is Sith, likely fully trained, has a lightsaber, and he is injured. 

Permalink

    "With me addressing her casually."

Daisy translates the rest, and Pradnakt pauses to consider.

Permalink

"He understands droidspeak," they point out. "He knows what 'idiot' means. Calling your organic by name will not offend him." It might reassure him, actually. 

Permalink

    "All right," she nods, less reluctantly.

"What do you think will happen if he wakes up and I'm off the ship, but meditating? I look stronger that way, but I don't have enough range with the pain block to do it from there without it."

Permalink

They consider for a fraction of a second.

"If you are not there to attack, he will feel less cornered. It is likely he will be able to calm himself enough to speak with you more rationally," they settle on. 

Permalink

 

"All right, I'll do that. Up to you whether you want to be here when he wakes up; I can signal you when he calms down if you're in sight of me."

Permalink

"It would be better if I were here within his sight." Knowing that they are safe will keep him calmer, knowing that they are close will incentivise him to keep himself under control. 

Permalink

 

She nods. "Do you know what questions he's likely to have first?"

Permalink

"Whether you intend to keep him here," they answer immediately. "If the battledroid is alright," they add after a moment. 

Total: 339
Posts Per Page: