Jul 07, 2020 7:15 PM
palatinates and silvers in Elan
« Previous Post
+ Show First Post
Total: 387
Posts Per Page:
Permalink

"I will chase you down and drag you back by your ears if you leave before you're well enough. You've all done enough today."

Permalink

Fernando and Felix exchange looks.

Permalink

Felix puts a hand on the sleeping Katur's forehead. "Okay, okay, we will stay. We can take turns making rounds?"

Permalink

"Quite. When I decide you're ready to do so. For now, all of you, rest."

Permalink

Fernando slowly nods.

Permalink

"See what I have to deal with?"

Permalink

"I am not that bad."

Permalink

Inara laughs. "You'd have a hard time denying you were brothers."

Permalink

"We would. Wouldn't we?"

Permalink

"Maybe you should rest, by means of being quiet."

Permalink

"Alright, I'm needed elsewhere, try not to torment each other two much. Yell if you need me."

Permalink

"We will!"

Permalink

Inara smiles at them, and makes her way out of the room to continue with her work.

Permalink

People busy themselves. Padrikiun has enough common sense to not stop to chat with useless pleasantries, but he does asks her if they have made a census of patients and where to find that.

Permalink

She points him in the direction of where she'd been recording people and a few brief details about their status.

Permalink

Padrikiun thanks her and checks the records. He briefly notes that the triplets rescued someone before being interned himself. It will probably make good news tomorrow.

Permalink

Inara leaves him to it, she has other things to worry about right now.

Permalink

At the barrier.

They didn't exactly stay twindling their thumbs, but by and large, the people at the barrier had to focus on keeping themselves from drowning rather than doing any search and rescue. And even the few that fell in the water would be rescued by a duo of telekinetic patrolling the area. It was just not worth relocating them while the city was in chaos. Not yet, at least.

But eventually they can see something crossing the water like a skipping stone. And it's resting on the concrete floor before they know it. A recognizable van is there and the doors open, revealing the recognizable driver.

Permalink

"Oh thank fuck," Teo mutters as him, Alain and 'Chelle hurry towards the van.

Permalink

'Chelle doesn't want to leave, not exactly, but Teo and Alain are not giving her a choice. It's getting too dangerous out here.

Permalink

People board the van, who then jumps to the next session of the barrier to collect another group and then go back to the shore. "How is everyone doing back there?" As the bowler hat driver.

Permalink

"Damp!" Alain calls back, with surprising cheer. "Any idea where else we can help out?"

Permalink

"Ha! Whole city is more rattled than the fleas in a dog that just got splashed over with cold water." The driver says looking at them through the rear mirror, it has the tones of an old saying. "You lads won't be complaining about not having anything to do! Be glad if you have time to breathe before someone shouts at you to help with something."

"Hi..." A tired voice asks, another passenger. "I wanted to ask. Are you...?"

The van hits the shore and starts making his way through town. Bouncing through or over streets. Both the passenger and their driver stop for a moment while she navigates what might be the worst of the damage, she avoids colliding with buildings.

"Chacha, The Ballistic!" The driver finally says. "Yeah, I am."

Permalink

"-Oh. Awesome! I've been wanting to- Well, me and 'Chelle, we've been wanting to meet you for ages!!"

Permalink

The revelation of their driver's identity is enough to pull 'Chelle out of her funk at least. "Like...yeah. This is bucket list material!"

Total: 387
Posts Per Page: