You must be logged in to view unread posts.
Dec 12, 2019 4:57 PM
the force is a parasite and it wants to eat you
Permalink

The Sith have returned. It's all any of the masters have on their minds. They're back, and stronger than ever. No less than thirty Jedi gone missing, and twenty worlds fallen so far. Their dark presence hangs over the Force like a shroud and the future has gone dim.

Having tried to learn the lesson of the Mandalorian Wars three hundred years ago, the Council calls a Conclave on Katarr. Many senior Jedi will attend, and it is there that the course of the Order will be decided. Hopefully, their concentrated efforts will be enough to piece the darkness and avoid another schism.

Total: 122
Posts Per Page:
Permalink

Along with some of these senior Jedi come their Padawans, informed of some of the details and aware of the darkness creeping in on them.

The atmosphere is solemn.

Permalink

As it should be. Asking a Jedi to go to war is no small request. It goes against almost every precept they have.

Yet what choice is there? This invasion shows every sign of being a total existential threat.

More information is needed. They don't yet know what they face.

How should that information be gathered? Too many Jedi have been lost already. The risk is too great.

Permalink

Dante, unfortunately, does not immediately have any ideas he expects to be useful.

What evidence do they have so far, what remains after the invasion, or do they not yet know this?

Permalink

Burned-out ruins and shattered husks, on those planets they've been able to approach.

Permalink

… Were there many Force-sensitives on the relevant planets?

Permalink

One of the first was host to a training excursion. And of course, many of the others had Jedi on them after that. But the path follows a clear line from some point in the Unknown Regions, that doesn't seem relevant.

Permalink

He was wondering if they'd… put up much of a fight.

Permalink

Interdicting transmissions is always one of the first things the enemy does.

Permalink

That would explain the lack of information.

Permalink

Which is exactly why they need to send a team-

Heedless of the danger?

 

Tempers seem to be flaring. Unusual for a gathering of masters, they tend to keep each other in check. Might be a good idea to do a bit of meditating while they hash things out for a while and make sure his own mental state is sound.

Permalink

That does sound like a good idea, and he's not particularly useful at present. He excuses himself from the meeting to look for somewhere to do that.

Permalink

There's several out-of-the-way rooms that might suit.

Permalink

He picks one, takes a seat, and starts focusing inwards.

Permalink

The cloud over the Force is still here, even with all the Masters present. In fact, it seems stronger than it was.

Permalink

This seems… problematic.

Does it seem much stronger, would it indicate it spreading?

Permalink

It's more like it's concentrated. As though the source is present.

Permalink

– Is he able to figure out what direction, does he need to send a warning?

Permalink

If the Masters haven't already sensed it, it's too late. The darkness is about to swell, he should focus on trying to preserve his own sense of self-

Permalink

He keeps centered, focuses on protecting himself from the coming danger –

Permalink


A shriek and a whisper; sound and not-sound. A timeless eternity as the great devouring dark comes to rip away all that you love, all that you are.


Satisfaction.

Permalink

He's used to ignoring distractions.

There are so many of them.

Permalink

Is that the building shaking or is he losing his grip?

Permalink

The grip is what he's focusing on maintaining to protect himself, he keeps at it –

Permalink

 

The crash of crumbling masonry and those screams are definitely not in his head.

Permalink

He jolts out of the meditation, takes a look at the room around him –

Total: 122
Posts Per Page: