This post has the following content warnings:
Oct 24, 2021 8:44 PM
Judy in False-Daisy
+ Show First Post
Total: 587
Posts Per Page:
Permalink

"Okay thank you sorry!"  She leaves as quickly as she can and finds a bench to sit and think on.

Now what.

Well she's pretty tired from all that walking, first of all, and has a bunch of hours to kill until it would be reasonable to be confident that the Red Cross is abandoned, and she definitely should ration her magic pretty carefully until then, and all that means she should probably acquire some food.  And she should also be rationing her money - she has $224 in bills in her wallet plus some change, all of it together in a ziplock, after her dollar store purchases - plus her debit card which is presumably useless - so that means fast food if she can find anything vegetarian close by and convenience store snacks on another bench if she can't.

After that, if she still can't get home even with the extra blood . . . well, all of this Ohio is still in her range.  Maybe tomorrow she can look up her parents and see if they exist here.  She hasn't told her set about vampirism but that - fundamentally left her with more resources, even if it was pretty awful, and anyways apparently there's non-masqueraded magic here, so maybe extraworldly visitors are a known phenomenon.  - If that's the case then maybe there's some sort of official handling for that sort of thing; she should keep an eye out for anything like that, although not in a way that tips her hand if it isn't.

Probably any further plans should wait until she has more information.  She rests another twenty minutes and then will - ow oof sore legs sore foot - go in search of food.  Very nearby food.  And coffee, since without a place to sleep in mind she's going to be pulling an all-nighter.

Permalink

There's the usual range of fast food options, though they're starting to approach closing time. On her way toward a prominently posted macaroni and cheese sign associated with a diner, there's a sound of screeching tires behind her and a scream that cuts off suddenly. A heavily injured pedestrian lands ten yards away from her on the sidewalk; the car - it's a blue sedan - screams off in to the night.

Permalink

Holy sh - crap - shit -

She has a very very brief moral dilemma, but there's non-masqueraded magic here, and even if there wasn't, really - hey magic -

Permalink

The person gasps, jackknifing on the ground in shock as Judy heals her injuries. "Ah - ah - what - I -"

Permalink

"Are - you okay . . . ?"  She tries to catch the car's plate number, though not very effectively since she keeps snapping her vision between it and the person on the ground.

Permalink

It has a 6 in it. Now it's gone.

"I - I - he hit me -"

Permalink

"Yeah - uh.  Yeah."  Judy crouches down next to her.  "Is there - I don't have a phone, do you?  I'll call you an ambulance - "

Permalink

"I have a - do I need an - it doesn't hurt anymore -" She reaches for her purse, which miraculously stayed on her shoulder, with a shaking hand. "I'm in shock probably - blood, there's so much blood -"

Permalink

"Right, no, you wouldn't, I - I mean - probably I should - "  She's shaking rather a lot herself.  "Here.  Take my jacket."  She shoves her ziplock in the too-small pockets of her skinny jeans and removes her coat and drapes it over the victim's shoulders.

Permalink

The woman wraps it around herself on automatic. Gets her phone out. "- so I don't - need an ambulance?" she asks uncertainly. She's looking up at Judy now; she's black, with her hair in a puff at the nape of her neck, and dressed in business casual, pencil skirt and silky butter-yellow blouse.

Permalink

"Uh - I mean?  You're the one who knows how you feel.  Maybe it wasn't that bad."

Permalink

"...I bled a lot but I can't - find from where -"

Permalink

 

 

"Maybe some of that was there before," says Judy, lamely, of the obviously-still-wet blood on the pavement.

Permalink

"...I, uh, I don't think so.

I just want to go home, do you know if that's safe -"

Permalink

 

"Yeah."

Permalink

"- can you walk me there, it isn't far." She gets to her feet, wobbly.

Permalink

"Yeah."  She shouldn't run off without her jacket, anyway.  Judy gives the person wearing said garment a hand up.

 

(If the victim puts her hand in the pocket opposite Judy, she'll notice that there is a phone there, and if she checks it, that the lockscreen has a lovely autumnal nature shot for its background and thinks it's 3:27 pm on October 6th, 2014.)

Permalink

The victim was not especially planning to put her hands in Judy's pockets, but the phone bumps against her and she feels for what did it and pulls it out. "- oh, you have one and it's - broken?"

Permalink

- She should more thoroughly check the pockets of articles of clothing she hands off to strangers!  Even when dealing with strange terrible emergencies!  Normally she would cut herself some slack about that but her life is increasingly made up of strange terrible emergencies lately so probably she should just get used to it!

"Yeah."

Permalink

"Huh." She puts it back where she found it. Gives herself a little shake and strikes out for home. "It's that building there - the upstairs unit."

Permalink

Well, she can have Judy's arm on the way to at least the front door, and then Judy will?? see whether she gets handed her coat back???? or is expected to come inside?

Permalink

The woman has forgotten totally about the coat and is wearing it right into the stairwell and up the stairs. "I need a drink - do you want anything - I have good whisky -"

Permalink

". . . I'm eighteen."  She'll follow, she supposes.

Permalink

"Oh, I'm sorry. I have, uh, hot chocolate. - I'm Millie."

Permalink

"Hi, Millie.  Judy.  I - could probably go for a hot chocolate, yeah.  Thanks."

Total: 587
Posts Per Page: