This post has the following content warnings:
Aug 03, 2021 4:14 AM
Julie has a medical emergency. And several other emergencies.
+ Show First Post
Total: 2511
Posts Per Page:
Permalink

:It is possible someone will decide to bomb the lab from orbit in order to destroy the protomolecule. Obviously I would prefer you - talk to them, and persuade them not to do this - but my people will be devising contingency plans to evacuate you and the other humans here if that happens. ...My people will also be guarding the protomolecule and will use force if necessary to prevent either faction from obtaining a sample. That seems like information you should have. Any questions?: 

Permalink

"Uh....no. I don't think so. Uh, is anyone in particular threatening to bomb the lab?"

Permalink

:- Not yet? I am not sure if anyone will, it just - destroying this lab could accomplish the goals of anyone who wishes to contain the protomolecule, right?: 

Permalink

"I think that cat's out of the bag. I guess if they also shot down your ship? And destroy Phoebe?" Headshake. "I'll do my best for you." This is basically sincere; being valuable is a better survival strategy than being useless.

Permalink

Also the spy going to be the one physically present in the lab that might get bombed, which presumably gives him a strong incentive to stop it from being bombed. 

:Thank you: Leareth says, tiredly. :You can talk to my people if you have other questions later: 

And he Mindspeaks Julie to ask if the Roci is already sending a shuttle down to collect them. 

Permalink

"Yeah. It'll be here in an hour."

Permalink

:Thank you: 

Leareth closes his eyes, and waits. 

...He'll probably fall asleep within not too long. 

Permalink

Then he'll wake up when it's time to leave Io; takeoffs are hard to sleep through.

Permalink

Leareth was really hoping to be awake for this! He tries very hard to drag himself to alertness. 

:Thank you for coming: he pushes out to whoever's within his current Mindspeech range (which is about 10 yards). 

Permalink

"Uh, sure."

Permalink

Leareth closes his eyes again, though he tries to stay vaguely conscious in case they need anything from him on the way. 

Total: 2511
Posts Per Page: