May 15, 2021 5:22 AM
Changeling investigates Beacon Hills
+ Show First Post
Total: 438
Posts Per Page:
Permalink

"Well. I'm just thinking we can probably...acquire a police report, and I doubt they'll move the ambulance at speed. So, we can probably...get a look at it. Somehow.  I'm going to follow our lurkers. I need you to follow the Argents."

Permalink

"You're kidding right? How come I get the ones who are gonna be more dangerous? Well, I...Fine. Be back before midnight. School is still happening."

Permalink

"No promises," Jay says as she slips out the car again, nodding slightly.

Permalink

The boys are heading into the woods. She'll have to keep very quiet.

Permalink

The Argents seem to be discussing strategy.

"...the alpha. We've been keeping our distance so far, but I bet you want us to step in."

Permalink

"The wildlife around here needs some good old-fashioned population management." 

Permalink

Jay is good at very quiet, even in woods, she follows at a discreet distance, careful not to fall too far behind.

Permalink

That...does not sound good. Tantalus really doesn't want to get caught in the middle of a war. Or on the edges of one. Especially not if weres are involved - and why else would they be talking about an 'alpha' and 'wildlife'.

Permalink

The boys are walking, one of them sniffing the air periodically. 

He pauses, and turns in Jay's direction.

Permalink

Jay freezes. Moving downwind isn't an option when that would put her ahead of her quarry. And somehow their Intel had missed there being a teen were in town. Which meant he probably wasn't a born were.

Permalink

"Is that her? Where is she?" 

Permalink

"...no, just a squirrel," he says, looking at where she's hiding.

They keep walking. 

Permalink

Jay makes a note to find out who they are looking for, breathes a sigh of relief (and confusion) when the were decides she's just a squirrel, because she's almost certain he has to know different, and continues to follow them.

She veers slightly to try and be a little less obviously upwind.

Permalink

There's something moving in the trees.

Permalink

The were sets off at a run, his companion barely keeping up.

Permalink

Jay swears, inventively, and in many languages, in her head, and takes off after them. She spares only a fleeting thought for stealth right now, fumbling for a weapon - she isn't carrying a gun right now, as much as she'd prefer to be, but she does have a few knives on her person, one of which is old, tarnished silver. It's her springblade she drags out though - because that's less of a risk to run with, no chance of falling and stabbing herself.

Permalink

His companion utterly fails to keep up.

"Scott, wait- Lydia? Lydia, Lydia!"

Permalink

But with Jay following the werewolf, she won't have a chance to find out who or what a 'Lydia' is. 

He runs, following what's clearly a fellow werewolf. 

"Wait, I can help!"

Permalink

The werewolf does not stop to receive help. He keeps running.

Straight into a trap, that springs and traps him in place, arms caught, his body dangling from a tree. He struggles ineffectually.

Permalink

Jay skids herself to a stop when she sees that, sliding in behind a tree, and putting her back to it.  She takes a couple of deep breaths. Okay, there's traps, that means hunters. And given all the other factors at play, that probably meant Hunters. She could only hope that they weren't going to walk past her hiding place.  She looks around, trying to pin down where the teen who'd been following was.

Permalink

It looks like he turned back before they got this far. Nowhere in sight. 

Permalink

The were makes to step out from the trees-

Permalink

-and someone stops him.

Permalink

"Wait! Stop, what are you doing? I can help him!"

Permalink

"They're already here," he says, sparing a glance for Jay. 

Total: 438
Posts Per Page: