This post has the following content warnings:
Jul 04, 2020 5:38 PM
Deskyl and DZ in Arcania Artefactum
+ Show First Post
Total: 1188
Posts Per Page:
Permalink

Squeeze! "We could invite them to breakfast?" Ilek suggests.

Permalink

Agreement, I would not blame her for being uncomfortable about the idea of leaving for the mess hall on her own.

Permalink

If it hasn't already been taken care of, she nods, and goes to get dressed.

Permalink

Ilek heads out to take a quick shower and change in his own rooms, which takes him a bit less than ten minutes. Once he re-emerges they can go over to knock on the imperial girl's (...he can't remember her name) door. 

Permalink

DZ answers the door.

Is everything all right?

    We had a problem with Commander Maol earlier, ma'am, you'll want to speak with him about it. He was upset about Sana being in the command center.

I see.

Permalink

Sana uncurls from her chair to peer over its back at the people in her doorway. 

"Hello," she greets, quietly, in Imperial. She seems, if possible, even more timid than she was last they saw her, and Deskyl can likely sense the partially-healed bruises around her right wrist. 

Permalink

Bruises, Deskyl signs to Ilek.

    "Is there anything you need from Xaari Deskyl right now, ma'am?"

Permalink

...She shakes her head. 

(She's hungry, but... she kind of doesn't want to leave this room ever again.)

(The Gardener, having been briefly distracted from healing the bruises by their approach, returns to doing that at this point, using the more detailed and careful technique to avoid using up any of her body's reserves.) 

Permalink

His eyes flicker to the slowly healing bruises, and then he glances back to Deskyl, "Her Artefact is dealing with it," he assures her. 

"Did you eat?" He adds in Imperial, trying (with some success) to gentle his tone.

Permalink

She ducks her head down, shaking it again, "I was asking someone where the food was when he found us," she explains. 

Permalink

 

    "It won't happen again, ma'am."

Permalink

...Nod.

Permalink

"Do you want to come down with us? We can also bring you something, or send someone to get you something." 

Permalink

She doesn't want to send them out of their way, either. 

The Gardener sends concern at her, and she sighs inaudibly. "I'll come with you." 

She unfolds herself from the chair, moving to join them at the door. 

Permalink

Deskyl shakes her head. Maol first.

Permalink

"Right," he looks down the hall, briefly frowning in concentration, "I don't think he's still in his rooms - Jaim isn't, either. Can you sense him?" 

Permalink

Yes. She starts moving; DZ hangs back for a moment to tell Sana that they'll be back for her, and then follows.

Permalink

Ilek follows as well.

Commander Maol appears to be down in the war room, close enough to Commander Coen that they're likely speaking about something. If she checks, she'll find that Jaim is out in the field where they'd spoken to his lieutenant the other day, along with said lieutenant and a number of others. They seem to be sparring. 

Permalink

To the war room, then. As they get close, she lets her anger flow into the Force and make itself known to the people around her.

Permalink

Stormsinger gets somewhat caught up in their combined anger, surprised by the potency, before he manages to get it under control. He absently notes the effect as something that could perhaps be done with Illusion, if someone wanted to.

Permalink

People shift uncomfortably as she passes, though most don't quite scatter out of her path, they do move out of her way quite quickly. 

They find the war room about as busy as ever. Clerks, messengers and a couple captains stand around waiting for the Commander to have a free moment. At this moment, she's busy having a quiet, slightly heated conversation with Maol over the map table.

Of course, the attention of the room is drawn to Deskyl when the group enters, and their conversation falls silent as both participants turn to look at her.

Permalink

She stalks over, and as she gets close she gestures and he rises a foot into the air, hanging like a scruffed cat.

Permalink

He curses, struggling and kicking in a somewhat undignified manner, "What- what is the meaning of this-" He reaches for the sword at his side, simultaneously spinning out a thread of mana in preparation to cast a spell.

Meanwhile, Coen's hand goes to the hilt of her sword automatically in her alarm, along with one of the captains', but neither draws their weapons - the commander has some idea of what this is about, and the captain is following her lead.

Permalink

She shakes him, hard enough to be painful, when he goes for his sword, growling quietly as she completes her approach, and a few sparks of electricity jump from her forearms as she signs to him.

    "She says: if you touch any of her people again she will kill you. Sir."

Permalink

"The Imperial? She was wandering around the command center, Artefact in hand. I believe my concerns were justified!" 

Total: 1188
Posts Per Page: