"Magiform" is an abbreviation of "magical form". It's the shape you transform into with your magic. Staying in magiform costs charge, but lets you use your other powers.
When you transform, any clothes you're wearing will either stay on your new form, fall to the floor if your magiform is too small, or be tucked away with your mundane form. You choose what happens to each item. The same thing happens to anything you're carrying, although you have to be fully supporting something's weight to tuck it away.
Your magiform can be anything you like. Many people keep a human shape, but might add wings, gills, horns, or extra limbs. You can also take the shape of any real or imaginary animal, or even have a body made of plants, rocks, or metal. A body made out of solid rock or metal will cost extra charge because it wouldn't naturally bend in the ways you need, unless you add joints and articulation. For more tips on how to make sure your magiform works physically, see the Anatomy page.
Once you have a basic shape, you can customise all the details, down to the colour and texture of each individual hair or feather. You can give it clothes, as well, and customise those in the same way. See the Fashion and Colour Theory pages for more.
Any part of your magiform that detaches from the rest will vanish after about six seconds once you're no longer touching it. This includes clothes, accessories and weapons. If you accidentally drop something, you can easily recreate it. The six-second counter restarts every time you touch the item.
When you are injured in magiform, you can heal yourself just as easily as any other tweak. Your magiform doesn't physically age unless you want it to, and it doesn't get ill. If you grow powerful enough to stay in magiform full-time, the only thing standing between you and immortality will be the possibility of a magical attack.
List of popular magiforms to try
* marks forms that can cost extra charge; ** marks very charge-intensive forms
- *Wings (see Anatomy for suggested wingspan by height)
- Four arms
- Cat ears and tail (fox, dog and wolf also popular)
- Different sex
- Different body type (muscular, fat, thin, short, tall)
- Skin, eye and hair colours (both normal and impossible)
- Plants or feathers instead of hair
- Fur or scales instead of skin
- Griffin, lion, winged lion
- Wolf, fox, dog
- Unicorn, winged horse, winged unicorn
- Eagle, hawk, swan
- Lizard, snake (cold-blooded - make sure you're somewhere warm)
- *Dragon (see the Anatomy page for why a large dragon is a bad idea)
- Dolphin, shark, fish (in water)
- Octopus, jellyfish (in water)
- *Wooden doll with articulated joints
- **Pile of fruit or vegetables held in a shape with magic
- *Metal robot (try different metals: gold is heavy, but you could use gold-plated aluminium)
- **Rock golem
- **Sand held in whatever shape you like
- *Metal and gemstones
- Embed gemstones and/or metal patterns in an otherwise organic body