This post has the following content warnings:
Aug 25, 2019 1:17 AM
Boogey Nausicaa imagines herself a hero
+ Show First Post
Total: 484
Posts Per Page:
Permalink

"She's sometimes aggressive. I got her to stop eating people, I think, but she's not really friendly. - Yes Nausicaa I know you think she's friendly, you'd think a rapid badger was being friendly."

Permalink

"Rapid badgers need hugs too." It's unclear if her tone is a teasing one.

Permalink

"I'd recommend a leather apron and thick gloves."

Permalink

"See? Totally possible."

Permalink

Sue rolls her eyes.

Permalink

"And adult supervision, if possible."

Permalink

"And a common sense transplant."

Permalink

Nausicaa sticks her tongue out at Sue.

Permalink

"All right, all right. Off to class with you. I'll see you later."

Permalink

"See you Miss Makoto!" Nausicaa and the others (except Sue, who just nods) all chorus, scampering off, the boogieman following (and keeping to the shadows farthest from Lianne).

Permalink

Right then. So there's supposedly a wendigo and an angel hanging around here, huh? It would be easier to find them if she knew what they were supposed to look like. But on the other hand, if the wendigo was watching her girl, Makoto might be being investigated herself.

Permalink

There is, indeed, something lurking on the edges of the woods, that quite deserves the appellation of "the Beast." She's gaunt, incredibly so, with long ragged black hair, dark skin mottled with bruises, a mouth that doesn't fit her face, antlers, and claws on long lanky arms. She's covered in a fine layer of fur, and ragged, dirty clothes.

Permalink

Hello, she sends, looking over and giving a little wave at the same time to indicate that it's her talking. My name's Makoto. Can you understand me?

Permalink

The Beast tilts her head. There's definitely a feeling of wariness, and confusion, and - 'Not food?' comes the reply.

Permalink

Not food, no. Friend. Do you know friend?

Permalink

'The Small One,' somewhat dubiously.

Permalink

The Small One. Sue? Like her, yes.

Permalink

A pause. 'Not Small One. Friend.'

Permalink

Yes. I think. This wendigo really doesn't have a lot of words, does it? Hard to tell if she's getting across.

Permalink

It bobs a bit, then turns and ambles into the forest.

Permalink

Oookay. Well. She's not getting ripped to shreds, so. Count that as a win.

Permalink

There's a distant wailing scream, and the trees thrash a bit.

Permalink

Uh. That seems like something she should check out.

She circles around towards the trees.

Permalink

The Beast appears to have killed another, much smaller, Wendigo, and is currently helping a whirlwind of shards of glass (each of which has a single eye) fight something that looks like a brick that decided it was actually an evil tree.

Permalink

Are they... winning?

Total: 484
Posts Per Page: