This post has the following content warnings:
Jan 28, 2020 6:08 AM
Quartet in WTFMagic!Alienville
Next Post »
+ Show First Post
Total: 706
Posts Per Page:
Permalink

"If you don't want to be scanned, well, you just won't be able to open any of the locked doors or operate the hovercraft. So long as there's someone around who can, you should be fine. You'll have to be careful, though - I can't set you to Containment Access Denial if I don't get a scan." 

It's too late to take anyone off, now. Now that this problem has been pointed out, she has suspicions that deleting a scan from the Security settings won't actually delete it entirely.

Permalink

"Oh good," Robin nods at Fenris, relieved. He glances over at Caine. "I guess we'll have to figure out a strategy for getting him back, then."

Permalink

"Man, imagine if Felix or Fenris had to deal with people walking around with their faces. Also, I am cool with being cloned. Better than being shot because of sciency thingamabob."

Permalink

Henry bites his lip. "Okay."

Permalink

"Yes, we can."

Permalink

Erin gives Henry a concerned look, but waves at the control panel again, "Just put your hand on the scanner," she says. 

Permalink

He nods, watching the last two people go through the scanners. They can bring it up to the wider group once they have that map. 

Permalink

"I'd be more concerned about what they'll do with the clones than just the making of them," he comments. 

Permalink

"Me too. I just decided it was slightly better to have to rescue clones than to face the threat of local security systems. And honestly, if the magic decides to clone us, I don't think we can stop it."

Permalink

He frowns, "Good point," he agrees. He looks over at Erin, "Are you sure there's nothing you can do to... protect our signatures, or something?" 

 

Permalink

"I don't think it will even let me remove them now that I've inputted them," she says, poking around a bit more. 

"...We should really take a look at Facility 2," she says. "I have a suspicion that it's going to be important." 

Permalink

"After Caine's dad is found?" Robin reminds them before Caine can speak up. 

Permalink

Felix thinks. "It's possible that Facility 2 will have something we could use. And I don't think Caine's dad will significantly get more in danger if we discuss it as a course of action."

Permalink

Caine shifts unhappily, fists clenching, but nods.

Permalink

"Alright," Erin nods as well. "I have to be the one to open the door, but while it's open anyone can follow me inside, I think. There's an entrance through the escape tunnel in the hangar, if we decide to take a look." 

Permalink

"Do we have any idea what's inside?" Jamie asks, "Or would we be going in blind?"

Permalink

"Not really. It looks like anything on the topic is blocked on this terminal," Erin says, motioning at the blacked-out holoscreen. 

Permalink

"They might have weapons that could be used against shifters. Bio-weapons that only target shifters even. Or alternatively, medical supplies."

Permalink

"Pessimist alternative: They have nothing of use. Only have dangerous biological hazards that could harm us. And investigating the place could take forever."

Permalink

"Is there any way we could get more information on what's inside before actually going inside? Do any of you have magic that could do it?" 

Permalink

Erin looks at Felix - that seems like something he might be able to do? 

Permalink

"Oh. I do have that sort of capability, but I would need something to improve my divination - which is not easily made or transportable - to get an answer from this far. We would need to weight the pros and cons of making the trip potentially returning. Which is part of what we are doing." Pause. "I have a sense of intuition that neither option will be boring. Not out of any magic, exactly. We are just getting used to these things and it wouldn't make something so curious and secretive to only end us with some boring warehouse or something."

Permalink

"I expect you're right about that," Erin agrees. 

She looks around at the group, taking in Caine's body language, and sighs, "We should wait, I think. Getting Mr. Atten out of the Shapeshifters' hands should be our top priority right now. We have no idea what's in the facility - we could get caught up in something there that will stop us from looking for him tonight." 

Permalink

Caine relaxes a bit at Erin's decision, nodding once in agreement. 

Permalink

"You're probably right," Robin agrees. "We've got enough on our plates." 

Total: 706
Posts Per Page: