This post has the following content warnings:
Dec 07, 2019 4:51 AM
Quartet in WTFMagic!Alienville
+ Show First Post
Total: 621
Posts Per Page:
Permalink

The presumable guest peeks out of the room, briefly. But he is recognizable.

Permalink

Caine jumps to his feet at the sight of him, grabbing Erin's arm to get her attention before the 'guest' ducks back inside. "He's one of them," he tells Soren, "We ran into him copying a man downtown yesterday." He's pretty sure Soren must know this, but it never hurts to make sure. 

Permalink

Soren frowns, "He is," he agrees, "He has run away from his Collective, however. I have offered him sanctuary," he warns. He discretely plants himself to more effectively guard the door from them, should they attempt anything. 

Permalink

Felix smiles brightly. "That's great. Is he alright?"

Permalink

This response relaxes Soren somewhat; he half-turns away from them, looking into room, "If you would allow me a moment, I will ask." 

He steps into the room, pacing barefooted on the springy wooden floor, and states to the room at large, "Our attackers have been vanquished, friend." He doesn't look for where the shifter might be hiding; better to let the timid being come to him, should they choose. 

Permalink

Scout 15 tentatively steps out of his hiding spot. Looking like an shy toddler in body language. He doesn't speak.

Permalink

Soren gentles his expression as much as he can, "Are you injured?" He asks. 

Permalink

"Scout 15 is uninjured."

Permalink

"I am glad to hear that," he says. He gives the room a once-over, noting the destruction, "This location is not safe, it seems. Perhaps you would prefer to retreat somewhere else? I would offer my home to you, if you wish, or perhaps our unexpected allies might have suggestions, if you are willing to meet them." He pauses to allow his guest to decide. 

Permalink

Scout 15 is a bit confused by such a wide arrange of choices. "Go with unexpected allies?"

Permalink

"This is your choice?" Soren returns. He gestures towards the door, "They wait just outside this room." He gives the shifter a serious look, "You have requested my sanctuary, friend, and I have given it. Honour demands I assist you however I can, and protect you from aggressors. You will be as safe as I can make you."

Permalink

Scout 15 nods rapidly. "My choice."

Permalink

Offering a nod in return, Soren turns to the door, leading the being out of the room. 

 

Permalink

Meanwhile, back at Robin's house:

"Ah," Katherine begins slowly, "Back again, are they? And I suppose you've gone and gotten all mixed up in that mess, just like we did all those years ago." She pauses, apparently reminiscing, then sighs, turning serious, "Those shifties are dangerous beings," she tells them, "though not the most dangerous types the galaxy has to offer," she adds as an aside. 

She reaches out to dip a strawberry into the cream, "What do you want to know?" She asks, nibbling on the tip of it, "I am happy to offer what help I can." 

Permalink

Robin leans forward, eager to get some information at last - even if it is all made up by the seeding. "I think I'm reading peoples' minds," he tells her, "Do you know why?"

Permalink

"Ah," she says, "I was wondering if that was it, before you brought up the shifters. You take after your mother, then; I've been expecting this for some time. She was Medani, you see; my dear Cameron met her during the last invasion. The Medani are all psychics, though their species produces some few with other powers as well."

Permalink

"My mom was an alien." Robin states, blinking. "Or, is?" He corrects tentatively, "Is she...?" Gran tilts her head gently in her equivalent of a shrug, and he sighs; one more mystery to add to the pile, he supposes. Still, if the psychic came from his mom, then Gran shouldn't be one, right? That's a good thing, he supposes. He looks over at the others to see if they have any questions. 

Permalink

Caine glances up from where he was talking to Erin when Soren comes back into the room, tensing slightly when he sees the shifter. Now that he knows what the victim they met the other day went through, he feels a less charitable than he did then. Not that charitable is one of his usual settings. 

Still, if Soren is protecting him, he's willing to wait and see how this plays out.

Permalink

"What sort of powers?" Henry asks Gran.

Permalink

She hums, "I know only a small amount about the unusual manifestations," she tells him, "Ami spoke little of them. She had an aunt who could control the minds of others, I believe, and a distant ancestor could summon unquenchable flames. There were a great variety of possibilities." She looks over at Robin, "I assume you demonstrated something beyond the usual psychic abilities?" 

Permalink

He shrugs, "Maybe? Jamie and Caine think I moved a little faster than I should've been able to, a couple times." 

Permalink

She looks to Jamie, who shrugs and nods, then she answers, "A little telekinesis is part of the usual abilities, but that sounds somewhat different. I suppose we will simply have to find out more about your gifts as you learn them." 

Having explained what she knew, she turns her focus on her grandson's new friends, "And how did you get mixed up in all of this?" She wonders. 

Permalink

"One of my friends stumbled upon the four while a shifter was attacking them."

Permalink

She looks then over, "And you are certain none of you were replaced?" She asks. 

Permalink

"The fight was over pretty quickly. They didn't really have a chance."

Total: 621
Posts Per Page: