Oct 20, 2018 10:08 PM
you can't warm the stars with your hands
Menu
alteriverse!imrainai lands in sanity
+ Show First Post
Total: 639
Posts Per Page:
Permalink

"That's cool, faster than lightspeed is cool. The Alteri also have that, so you might want to discuss specific speeds. Also I have a concern, you said you're letting 97816 do diplomacy?"

Permalink

Our method takes about six of your days to reach any destination. She's going to speak to Eru, who has the power to make this all go more smoothly if he sees fit.

Permalink

"Oh, that's cool. - have you considered that 97816 might be, like, one of the worst possible people to do that unless it's very time-sensitive."

Permalink

Why is that?

Permalink

"There's, like, a fifty percent chance that she's having a breakdown right now because someone looked at her funny."

Permalink

"There are circumstances under which she might be fine. If it's time-sensitive then she's likely their only Liar option, and if it isn't, then we can talk to her and determine whether these are the relevant circumstances. There's no sense in discussing it now."

Permalink

You can discuss it with her and decide if you think there's someone more suited, but there are advantages to it being her. Would you like me to take you there now? It's five days' travel from here; I cannot instantaneously move distances like that.

Permalink

"I see. ...eh. What do we have to lose?"

Permalink

"Earth."

Permalink

"You're not wrong. But Earth is only of strategic importance if whatever forces have protected it are capable of providing a safe haven indefinitely. We don't know any more about their intentions than we do about those of the, uh, Valar, who have comparable abilities. Any other attachments we may have to this planet are sentimental. Under the circumstances, this seems worth pursuing, even at great risk to ourselves."

Permalink

"Agreed. At least we'll have very interesting deaths."

Permalink

I will set that trajectory. Should I communicate anything to the other humans? I'm discussing with them what they'd like to do as well.

Permalink

"I can go back even if we don't want to seclude the psyons," says Parael, after Mathrael is silent for a moment.

Permalink

"You're welcome to try, though I don't think the bulk of the crew finds you much more trustworthy than the rest of them. Less, if anything. I think we will have to rejoin everyone else at some point, and keeping the psyons out of any networks for the foreseeable future is just a cost they're going to have to eat." She sighs. "We thank you for your consideration, Varda, but if I've taught them anything, then I expect them not to believe a message is from me unless they hear it from me directly."

Total: 639
Posts Per Page:
Back to Top