This post has the following content warnings:
May 11, 2021 9:15 AM
Luar and Nimire beat a murder game
+ Show First Post
Total: 73
Posts Per Page:
Permalink

Well, that's... something.

Naomi gravitates toward the harpoon.

Permalink

Lauren takes the hatchets. And, after a moment's consideration, the hat.

Permalink

"So do you, like, know more than one word," says Naomi.

Permalink

"Maybe."

Permalink

"Well, that's a start. How about a name? I'm Naomi."

Permalink

"Lauren."

Permalink

"Nice to meet you!"

Permalink

"No it isn't."

Permalink

"Okay, you got me."

Permalink

She turns away to inspect the remaining objects - water, roots, leather.

Permalink

Someone taps on the door. 

Permalink

Naomi and her harpoon go to answer it.

Permalink

It’s Adriana. She’s carrying the advertised bamboo spear across one shoulder. 

“Any luck?”

Permalink

She gestures, with the harpoon, at the other contents of the cabin. "Some!"

Permalink

“Nice, two spare hatchets and some of the - what’sitcalled. The root. It’s good in soup.” 

She picks up one of the heavy jugs of water with little apparent effort. 

“Oh, by the way - you’re probably stronger than you expect. Comes with the, ehh, ‘upgrades.’ Space is more a thing than weight for us.”

Permalink

"Good to know." She grabs the other jug.

Permalink

Lauren collects roots.

Permalink

“The plan now is to head north to the school, where there are things like ‘coats’ and ‘lighters’ and so on. Those gunshots sounded pretty far away, so they were probably further north - but the school has a lot of supplies, so we have a decent chance of running into somebody hostile. Which is why we didn’t go there before we had weapons. Any objections?”

Permalink

"Sounds good to me!"

Permalink

“Alright, let’s move.”

The trees thin out again after ten minutes’ walk northward, ending in a tall chainlink fence. Adriana takes it in a single practiced vault, dropping down onto the faded spraypaint of the school football field’s thirty-yard line - then sprints across the open space, and flattens herself against the near wall of the school building. 

Permalink

Naomi takes a little longer than that climbing the fence, but then manages the run about as well.

Permalink

Lauren is right behind her.

Permalink

Adriana shifts down the wall, and tugs on the closest door. 

It doesn’t budge. 

She makes a demonstratory swing at the lock with her hatchet, then looks at Lauren and Naomi.

This Thread Has Been Permanently Abandoned
Total: 73
Posts Per Page: