Aug 24, 2019 12:20 PM
A Luehmani and a Rianchimaru in Boyfriend Dungeon
Permalink

The lunch rush landed on the mall food court, filling it with people, shouts of 'Coffee for Tabitha! Tabitha?' and a severe lack of tables to be properly antisocial on.

Despite Louie best efforts to project an aura of 'go away', two office workers sat down at her table, cheerily chatting over their salads. They're frustratingly immune to glares from people wearing hi-vis over a stab vest. (And okay, they're totally allowed to sit at this table, it's not like she actually owns this table. But still. They didn't even ask.)

She does her best to ignore them. She just got off from A Shift-- the sort that makes you question how the general public has managed to keep themselves alive for so long, question what is up with the state of public education and water supplies that so many idiots are running around, along with the standard questioning your faith in humanity. Not to mention this is the first day of her new schedule, with all the fun sleep cycle fuckery that implies. While it is lunch time for normal, daywalking people, it's dinner for her, and she's been up far too long.

Short of it is: It's been a day where she deserves donuts with dangerous amounts of cinnamon for dinner. For lunch. (For dunch.)

 

Total: 233
Posts Per Page:
Permalink

"Yeah, that's-- that's a good idea." She fumbles her phone out of her pocket, opens it to the contacts page, and hands it over.

Permalink

They'll put both their own and Marian's numbers in, clearly labeled who's who.

Permalink

"Thanks. Do you want mine?"

Permalink

"Yeah, that'd be good, Marian has ours since they weren't the one transforming, so we'd have access to them both - "

The aforementioned Marian opens up both cellphones to the contacts.

Permalink

She puts in her number. "Thanks again. I should probably head back, let people know what happened--"

Permalink

"Yeah. Signal's pretty good here, if you want to call someone. And we can help with transportation - we have a car, at a minimum."

Permalink

"That'd be appreciated. I'll just check where I am compared to where I was--" How far away from the mall is she? 

Permalink

Still in the same city - but about on the other side of it. Probably a quarter to a half an hour's drive with normal (meaning, horrid) traffic, or thirty minutes to an hour by public transportation, depending on how many disruptions there are.

Permalink

Well, considering that her car is on the other side of town, public transport it is.

(Hopefully the scene is mostly cleared, and all she has to do is show up and let people know she isn't dead. Having ever interacted with bureaucracies and emergiencies, she doubts that.)

Permalink

"Do you want a ride from us?"

Permalink

"I wouldn't want to impose. You've had an equally rough day."

Permalink

"It's really not any trouble."

Permalink

"Well, if it actually isn't any trouble, it'd be appreciate it."

Permalink

"Cool. Let's figure out the route, then we'll get you on your way?"

Permalink

After some messing with a mapping app, they're on their way. It's a long drive through city traffic, and the area around the mall's cordoned off. Apparently evacuations are on going, even with the dunj closed.

Permalink

Of course the evacuation's ongoing. Nobody'd let a little thing like their not being a dunj stop them from clearing things out. 

...though any investigation would be easier without the general public stomping about. So.

"Thanks, I really appreciate it." She steps out of the car.

She looks around, looking for someone vaguely authoritative looking that she can waltz up and say 'hello, not dead, not missing, dunj just closed weirdly, you're welcome.' (Well, maybe not that last part. Random people deciding to be heroes are A Problem, and, well, at the time that was what she was.)

Permalink

There's a very haggard looking officer, directing a few others to help keep people from swarming the paramedics.

Permalink

Sorry, Haggard Officer, for being about to make your life a whole lot more complicated.

She wanders over. "I'm one of the people who jumped through the portal. Just wanted to make sure no one thought I was dead."

Permalink

He turns. "Only one person by that description," he says. "Witnesses reported a woman jumping through, and not reappearing. You'll need to make a statement, assuming you're not bullshitting me."

Permalink

Statements. Fun. Still, they gotta happen.

"Yeah, I can do that."

Permalink

He's too busy to take her statement, so he calls her appearance in, and then shortly enough someone will come along.

"We can talk here," the woman says, "Or at the station, whatever you're more comfortable with."

Permalink

"No, here's good."

She makes a statement. A very statement-y statement. Contains all the important bits, of course, though she takes pains to not give any detail that was not absolutely necessary. People were in danger, she went into the protect them, rendezvoused with some actual dunj clearers, portal got closed, she got dumped out a different portal than the one she entered in.

Permalink

She'll be let go eventually; it helps that there's still a lot of things going on that need attention. The woman takes her contact information, says she'll be in touch, and that Louie should contact them if she remembers anything else.

Permalink

Mhhm. Yep. Definitely going to get in contact later. Totally.

She goes to check on Lianne and Marian, if they're still around.

Total: 233
Posts Per Page: